INSANITY

Options
Hey everyone! I just finished month 1 of insanity, and I am starting recovery week this week, then going in to month 2!! I'm excited to be half way done with this program, I can tell a difference in how my clothes are starting to fit, but I'm not losing pounds like I want to. Does anyone know if it's more likely to have weight loss during month 2, since it's more "insane" lol. I just want to be skiiiinny again!!!

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'm a week ahead of you. I did the first day of the second month this morning and it is more "insane". I only lost two pounds in the first month. I expect (hope) this month will show more results. I burned about 250 more calories in this morning's workout than I did in the average workouts from last month - they're longer too.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hiya - don't wanna freak you out but I didn't lose a single lb doing Insanity. Improved my fitness? - hell yes. Toned my abs? - totally. But that scale did not shift.

After I finished it I took two weeks of mixing up with less intense cardio and running along with more resistance work. Immediately I dropped a couple of lbs. I've seen others say that your body can resist losing weight when it's that intense, 6-days a week kind of exercise.

That's not to say don't finish it. I'm still glad I stuck with it!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? The diet guide suggest the minimum caloric intake to be 1700. So if MFP gives you 1300 and you burn 400, you should be eating all of those cals back and make sure you hit at least 1700 calories eaten each day.
  • cansmith80
    Options
    I am starting Insanity today. After reading up on the program, my understanding is that it is not designed for weight loss. The book says to focus on measurments not the number on the scale.
  • Lyg07
    Lyg07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost maybe 2-3 lbs when I was done with the Insanity program but I did lose a lot of inches throughout my body. The Insanity workouts got me in great shape as well.
  • ryaneric55
    Options
    When you are doing something insanity, you will lose inches more noticeably than pounds.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    yes you will see more of a weight loss in month 2. alot of people do not see any weight loss until month 2. just keep pushing yourself, eat right and drink your fluids. I just completed insanity 3 weeks ago.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I am on week 2 and I decided that I'm not going to weigh myself through this. I am definitely losing inches where I should be. Although, I will say yesterday I had a hard time getting my tight jeans over my thighs because that's the first place I gain muscle...guess that's a good thing!
  • wsogden87
    wsogden87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I am losing inches for sure and can notice my body changing. I just wanted a smaller number on the scale. The better BMI I have, the more money we get for insurance at my husbands work. We go for that on the 16th, so I was hoping to drop a few more pounds! I have lost about 10 since the beginning of the year. I"m looking foward to starting this next month! Hopefully it's not too crazy for me! :)
  • wsogden87
    wsogden87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? The diet guide suggest the minimum caloric intake to be 1700. So if MFP gives you 1300 and you burn 400, you should be eating all of those cals back and make sure you hit at least 1700 calories eaten each day.

so even if I eat more, I'm still going to lose weight? Because I'm MAYBE eating around 1000 calories a day. plus working out
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity today. After reading up on the program, my understanding is that it is not designed for weight loss. The book says to focus on measurments not the number on the scale.

Hey girl how was your first workout by the way? :)
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im right where you are, starting core cardio and balance this week! I have started to see more definition in my abs and arms but very little progress, there again my eating hasnt been the best. I really need to tighten up on the weekend.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    so even if I eat more, I'm still going to lose weight? Because I'm MAYBE eating around 1000 calories a day. plus working out

1000 calories is probably not enough if you aren't working out at all. You probably need to eat a whole lot more to fuel your workouts.
  • lisaneifert
    lisaneifert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did not lose hardly any weight after week 3. Just stay off the scale and stay strong. I ended up losing 3 lbs the very last week. total of 13lbs. So 10 in the ist three weeks and nothing after that....BUT lots of muscle built and love the results.
  • mylildeva
    Options
    Soooo glad you posted this. I am in the 2nd week of the 2nd month. Haven't lost much but I did notice I have great legs and shoulders. I am definitely going to finish it out! I am definitely hungrier doing this work out...I think we must be burning a lot of calories!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

1000 calories is definitely *NOT* enough to sustain weight loss on a program like insanity, and even if it was, you're most likely going to be losing muscle than fat. Listen to what the nutrition guide says and be eating closer to at least 1700 ( I eat around 2500 during month 1, more during month 2) on Insanity, but I am male. Don't focus just on the scale, but be watching those measurements. The goal is fat loss, not weight loss.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

No wonder you're not losing weight, that's nowhere near enough calories intake. You should be eating at least 1600-1700 because you'll be burning around 400-500 for each workout.
  • MrMVP2011
    Options
    I have finished Insanity and it was about the 2nd month when inches started to shed and weight too. I'm now doing the hybrid with P90x and Insanity. It's the perfect "marriage" of a workout system. I love doing insanity still. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When i did Insanity it was to tone up not lose anymore weight, but I ended up losing a few lbs as the workouts were so intense and burning so many calories.
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on Recovery week as well! This is my 2nd Round and I am not losing weight either but I have learned not to pay attention to weight. Being that I didn't lose anything on the 1st Round, but I sure did lose inches and toned up! Good Luck!