MY SCALE TRICKED ME >.<

Options
I got on my scale, and it reads :

140.4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I"M STOKED.

I get off and back on like 3 times....
then i go pee, and then i get back on....

the little effer says

grrr.... scale glitch....

haha

I'm still stoked for 142.4
dont get me wrong...

has this happened to other people though, because its down right mean!

Replies

• Yep, it makes me so mad at pretty furious, that I no longer weigh myself after the first time, no matter what. I don't care if I peed or not.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Pesky scales! :)

I often have to go for 'the best of three' method.. ha ha ha
  • liljoli
    liljoli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I STOOD ON THE SCALE KNOWING i HAD LOST SOME SINCE i WORKED OUT SO HARD AND HAD BEEN REALLY GOOD FOR 2 DAYS. IT SAID THE SAME WEIGHT AS 2 DAYS EARLIER. GRR, SO i STOOD ON IT 3 MORE TIMES AND IT SAID 2.5 LBS LIGHTER. HA, ASK OFTEN ENOUGH AND YOU JUST MIGHT GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR! i AM STICKING WITH THE LIGHTER READING!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i don't understand scales. if i weigh myself in my bathroom, it says one thing. in my bedroom, another. and multiple spots on my bedroom give different readings. i'm always naked and flushed of, you know, everything--1st thing in the morning, but STILL!!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    i don't understand scales. if i weigh myself in my bathroom, it says one thing. in my bedroom, another. and multiple spots on my bedroom give different readings. i'm always naked and flushed of, you know, everything--1st thing in the morning, but STILL!!!

This has happened to me. Every place I moved the scale to it gave me a different number. I just go with the first number now... :)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A lot of that has to do with the levelness of the floor. It may be slightly off in those places. Best thing is to weigh in the same way (i.e. undies only), at the same time (mornings before breakfast), and in the same place (that one section of tile in the bathroom). That way, even if it is off by a pound or 2, at least you have consistant numbers so you know if you lost. My 2 cents.
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That happened to me the other day!!!
    It does have to do with the level of the floor and you may have to test your scale to make sure it is giving a true reading by placing a known weight (have you any dumbells or free weights that are marked with weight value?) and place them on the sacle to determine if the reading is true.
    By the way, I always go for the smallest weight as well!!!!:happy:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    happens to me all the time and again today this am!!! i stepped on the scale after i woke up and went pee and it showed 133.4, i did it 3 times as i always do to make sure its consistent. I then " don't know why but i did " went and re weighted myself again about 5 min later. it showed 132.0 WOW, i was happy. i had been stuck on 133.2/133.4 for 2 weeks now. I did it 3 times and 132.0! then again about 7 min later, i kept thinking... really, did i really finally get to 132? so i re did it in disbelief and nope i guess not, it showed back to 133.2.. ugggg all with in 10 min over 1lb difference.... i just seem to be stuck at 133 and can't get under it!
  • lin7604
    Options
    It does have to do with the level of the floor and you may have to test your scale to make sure it is giving a true reading by placing a known weight (have you any dumbells or free weights that are marked with weight value?) and place them on the sacle to determine if the reading is true.

that is a great idea, i will do that form now on!
  • Trilaina
    Options
    Mine does that all the time, I blame my hair, haha. I use the scale at my house to make sure I stay pretty much on track, but at the school is a proper medical scale, and I use that for my weekly weigh in. When in doubt, go with the lighter reading, because even if it's wrong, you feel awesome!
  • lin7604
    Options

that is a great idea, i will do that form now on!

so did that :) i used my 3lb weight and i held it and i was bang on 3 lbs heavier,,so i know the scale is good. i am picking one spot on my floor and it stays there from now on!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    I get on and off the scale 3 times and do it in the same spot at the same time every time I do it. Usually the last 2 read the same, if they don't, I just skip it for that day.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The carpeted bedroom yields a 7 pound difference on the scale than the linolium on the bathroom floor - EEK!

Also, I read about a way to record your weight that helps especially if you don't have a scale that records tenths of pounds. Take the last 10 days of weights, add them together and divde by 10. This helps to even out fluxuations within a week, and also gives a more consistent record of weight loss.

For example days 1 through 12 read 160, 160, 162, 161, 160, 161, 159, 160, 162, 161, 158, 159.
    On day 10 you average the first 1-10 numbers to get a weight of 160.6
    On day 11 you average days 2-11 to get a weight of 160.4
    On day 12 you average days 3-12 to get a weight of 160.3

Yes the number will read slightly higher than what is on the scale on any given day, but if you are charting loss, you can see a more consistent pattern. Also on those crazy water bloating days when the scale read 3 pounds heavy (or more!) what you record is a much nicer number because the other 9 days bring the average down.
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    i hate scales!!! but really want these -

Tanita Segmental Body Composition Monitor with Body Fat/Muscle Analyser - BC545
  • FitKate
    FitKate Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I hate MY DaMN scale. I only weight once of week because its so not accurate. If you stand in the middle vs more forward or back it will give different readings. This is very true with digital scales. I go more by how my clothing fits. IF its loose I know I'm loosing. Feel free to add me if you need support :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
  • solodancer
    solodancer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    pretty expensive scales if u dont already have it but i use my wii fit to weigh myself on, its mainly in the same place and always get weighed with light clothes on but if u have heavy clothes on it will take this into account as well by askin u to select ur clothing weight (i always select 0lbs so it doesnt take more off than it should)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I don't always go with the lightest cos few days back it said 9st 12 and I know I'm just not yet there, I weighed a few times, got 10st most, got other Kg scales out (cos they stuck on weighing on kilograms i can't change it.. lol!) and they were saying around 63.5kg mark which again converts to 10st .. wii fit said 10st 2, i got 10st most times so went with that one!

When all three scales show me at under 10st THEN I'll believe I've got under 10st!!! .. won't be happening for another few weeks though! Damn TOTM! :sad: .. hoping to be there by the end of the month!!! :wink: