going up and down stairs...

Options
Hey all I have a few questions about stairs... recently i started going up and down stairs...its 14 stairs..i add one extra time i do them every day so today i did them 7 times...Does anyone know how many calories it burns? or a web site i could look at? also Im okay if it doesn't burn a whole lot of calories but will it help make my legs look better...more tone

--im just wondering if i should keep up with the going up and down the stairs or if im pretty much just wasting my time & energy...also by the time i get done my heart beat is UP like i've been running..and my legs feel like jello..it hurts..and im out of breath. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers :)

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best ways to burn calories and tone up. Keep doing them. See what the MFP exercise calculator tells you that you burn (you have to time how many minutes you spend doing this not necessarily how many stairs)
  • darbydoll90
    Options
    I am not sure of the calories you are burning, but i can tell you from my own experince it works. If you are not burning calories atleast you are building muscle.