Salad dressing

Options
Need suggestions for lo-cal and lo-sodium salad dressings. Thanks:smile:

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Need suggestions for lo-cal and lo-sodium salad dressings. Thanks:smile:

I've had some good low cal ones but I've never paid much attention to the sodium. I've only recently started paying attention to my sodium intake.

Try the spritzers...they are like 1 calorie per squirt.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Newmans own spray mist. 2 calories per spray
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use the Wish Bone Salad Spritzers. One serving of the Ranch is 10 sprays - here is the breakdown:

Cal 15
    Fat cal - 10
    Total Fat - 1
    Sodium 65mg
    total carb <1
    Sugar <1
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Olive oil or sunflower oil, balsamic or apple cider vinegar, garlic paste or fined chopped garlic, dijon mustard or english mustard power, salt and pepper. The garlic and mustard are so flavourful that it makes me use a less amount than if it was store bought.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Olive oil or sunflower oil, balsamic or apple cider vinegar, garlic paste or fined chopped garlic, dijon mustard or english mustard power, salt and pepper. The garlic and mustard are so flavourful that it makes me use a less amount than if it was store bought.

Ditto! Olive oil is good for you so I usually use up to a tablespoon of olive oil and two tablespoons of vinegar.
  • khdevita
    khdevita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just use a splash of OJ, salt and pepper.
  • orchidsand
    Options
    I get the Badia sour orange or if my friend gives me some fresh sour oranges I use that instead of vinegar, then add my olive oil, salt (if wanted) fresh ground black pepper and what ever strikes me for the day. Garlic, dijon mustard, any ground herbs & spices. Most of the time I use only the salt & pepper as the sour orange gives it such a wonderful flavor. I have not tried any of the other tart citus such as lemon or limes, but suspect they will work just as well. I love this dressing as it does not wilt the greens.......I occasionally use balsamic vinegar, but get the aged stuff. if you live ginger you can add some of that. Have fun experimenting!!!
  • orchidsand
    Options

How is that salad dressing mixer working for you???
  • orchidsand
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • angehen
    Options
    olive oil, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar + fine chopped onion ( if you like) and if you can find it " Maggi" seasoning - yum!!