anyone following the Ideal Protein diet? or WW?

Hi, if there anyone out there following the ideal protein diet? I have been on it for a few months (with a few weeks off for surgery). I have lost 27 pounds so far and feeling better. Although it is not realistic for long term, therefore have been wanting morei nformation on Weight Watchers "new" plan. Friend me if you are in the same boat.

Replies

• IPlog
    IPlog Posts: 14
    ideal protein working slowly
    gained on WW
  • crudd12
    crudd12 Posts: 63
    Save your money on the WW plan! I've been on it a year and have lost gained the same 5 pounds over and over! I came to this site to help me break my plateau! I had lost 25 pounds on the old ww plan but i have had no luck with the new plan! I'm sorry to say fruit is not free like what the new plan says! A banana is 200 calories and 51 carbs! Yikes!
  • Hey! I am doing Ideal Protein since November and it is working great! I think if you do all the phases, it can actually be realistic to keep it off but you would need to continue tracking your food so that you don't go nuts. I lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks and then took the holidays off (against my coaches advise but I was mourning my mom too and I needed something during the holidays to feel normal) and gained 7 1/2 lbs in 3 weeks pretty much living off of tamales and Christmas cookies. I know that after I lose 20 more, it won't be during such a tempting time of year and after 6 days back on, 5 lbs have fallen off. I think WW is fantastic because it is about real food but the whole thing is tracking what you eat and I assume since you're here, that you are already doing that. Phase 3 and 4 of IP should get you in the right spot and I am saying this to myself too because I definitely dove into the deep end of carbs and sugar over the holidays and I am pretty sure that is not the way to transition! I am doing it through my chiropractor's office and I have met a few people who have really kept it off after the program. Best of luck!
  • LindsayLou80
    LindsayLou80 Posts: 16 Member
    I'll finish my first week on the Ideal Protein diet on Monday. I'm having a real hard time keeping their food down. The smell of the protein in their packets makes me gag. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • lost 30 lbs since september 1st.
    i am on ip diet phase 2 now( - am amazed anything works for me.)
    I did gain some lbs over the holidays on ph 4 but after a week of ph 1, i lost it and am still losing so to give myself 5 lb wiggle room;)

going to try ph 4 with more realistic expectations. i had difficulty during the holidays- overeating all the foods i missed like cookies and pizza.

the diet taught me to love the big salads every day and look forward to adding all the vegis, fruits, yogurt and nuts back in to my daily foods.
    would love to hear how others are eating healthier fresh foods and keeping the weight off:)
  • I did ideal protein really strictly last year. Lost 19 pounds in about 3 months but it really messed up my menstrual cycle even though i was on oral contrceptives. Had periods every other week. Went off of it for a few months, tried again and the same thing happened again. That has never happened to me before on any diet. The frequent periods made me anemic. But other than that, I liked the diet. The doctor said the cycle effect was due to estrogen being released into my system that had been stored in fat. The second doctor said it was too much soy in their foods.
  • I find success when I diet if I simply stick to 1200-1500 calories (that I measure and log)... eliminating or greatly limiting foods with hight sodium counts, gluten (this is hard if you're bread/pasta lover), added sugar and with saturated fat. Then shoot to burn at least 500 calories per day through variety of exercise. And my big thing, no booze! Empty calories that tend to make me eat more empty calories when drinking then I feel like a slug the next morning.
  • I am still dieting using ip foods at bfast and bedtime but am technically doing phase 2 with my own protein at lunch and dinner. My goal is to go to phase 3 on Saturday. If I can hang tough this week I should be able to lose the 3 lbs I have to go.

I am not sure if this had anything to do with it but I had been cheating with the atkins bars and shakes as a protein or ip sub and i think it may have added too much fat calories as i stopped losing and gained a lb.

I think Atkins bars are a good substitute for candy bars if I am in phase 4 I may use them as a healthier alternative to chocolate. I have a real sweet tooth so i am now using swiss miss diet hot chocolate as a treat mid afternoon.

keeping salad dressing (i use the good seasons dry itallian packets)all made with fresh garlic and I add a little soy sauce and ginger for a change and fresh salad with lots of red pepper, sweet onion, mushrooms and celery on hand is my secret to feeling healthy and gives me a routine food every day. I like having it in the fridge all made so at least twice a week buy fresh vegis and have them ready to go. I have used the dry roast soy nuts with bbq flavor or wassabi flavor in my salads as they are cheaper than the ip type of soy snacks and seem to have the same carb count.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    I have been on WW for over a year now and have dropped 30 pounds