New Job, No Time?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I work 9-5 every day. I typically do an early morning class at my gym and then go back for running or something after work. That way I'm still home at a decent time. Requires getting up earlier..but fitness is a priority. My typical morning class is 5:30-6:30am (which gives me plenty of time to shower and get to work comfortably) and then do something else 5:30-6:30/7pm. There's always the option of working out on your lunch hour, it's just not for me as I don't want to go back to work sweaty and it doesn't leave ME time to shower and re-do hair, etc..
  • kidbxrs
    kidbxrs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I work full time 8-5 monday thru friday and also have a part time job wednesday and friday evening. I work out on my lunch hour for 30 minutes and then Zumba on monday, tuesday and thursday evenings from 6-7. It makes for a busy schedual but there is always time if you set your mind to it. There are 24 hours in a day you can find 30 to 45 minutes of that to work out if you really try. It is sure not easy I will be the first to admit that. It has just become habbit for me to dress for work and pack my work out clothes. Change at lunch come home change again. im beginning to think as many times as i change clothes and rechange clothes I should add that into my calories burned. LOL. You can make this happen. You will do fine. Congratulations on the new job.
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Okay so I really feel motivated now :happy: Thanks everyone! I can't believe how busy some of your schedules are! I now know there's a way round everything, here's to the early morning workouts :drinker:
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I work a 9-5 but currently at home so I have no excuses. I use to work in the office and I would walk around the building during lunch and even inside the building climbing stairs when the weather was bad. I'm a mother of twins so working out at home when they were home was hard for me. Find out if your company has a gym if so utilize that too during your work hours if you break up your day to do a workout you will actually get more work done and have better coping skills at work because you can deal with stress better. If you can't do that though and some jobs you just can't. You have to discover if you are a morning or late day exerciser and then do your best to stick with it. It's hard I still struggle I hope you can find what works best for you.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    A lot of days I have class in the morning and then I work all afternoon and don't get home until around 11. I'm exhausted but I work out after midnight most days. You just have to make time when you can.
  • scrapbookdiva2
    Options
    80% of weightloss is what you eat! So just keep tracking your food and do small things, like walk on your lunch break, or do a little in the morning and a little in the evening. I find having convenient healthy ready to go snacks are awesome. fruit cleaned and in ziplock bags, cheese and veggies cut and measured ready to go. Soups portioned ( I use the small mason jars which fit 2 cups of soup which I make a few pots a week and store in the fridge)

Good luck and congratulations with your new position.
  • Gharri
    Gharri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Balancing work, family and exercise can be done but you have to be committed. Can you find 3 or 4 times a day that you can work out for 10 - 15 minutes each? I do squatts and lunges while I am drying my hair in the morning. I also put one pound weights on my wrists so that when I am drying my hair I have extra weight. Then take a few minutes break from your morning routine and use those weights to do some arm exercises. I bet when you get home, you could take another ten minutes and do sets of push ups and situps. What about jogging in place for five minutes at high intesity or squat jumps. Anything to get your heart rate up. Try tabata with eight sets of the same exercise at a high intensity for 20 seconds each and 10 seconds of break between each set. It's amazing the work out you will get. What I think most people don't realize is that we can all find 10 minutes a day here and there to get some form of exercise in. It's easy to make excuses and trust me...I make them all the time. But with dedication, determination and lots of support...you can and will be successful in reaching your goal! Best wishes and good luck! G
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I work in an office 8.30-4.30ish Monday to Friday, and Saturday nights and Sunday lunchtimes at a pub, I walk the dog first thing in the morning, then it's a walk or run with her in an evening. I try and do a bit of yoga (using an app on my iPad) each day, and alternate my running with 30day shred, or something similar.
    I am lucky in the sense I live alone, with only animals to look after so my evenings are my own!
    You'll get into a routine once you've been there a little while, oh and congrats!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I am a working mummy- 8-4.30. I run every tuesday night with my running club and go to zumba on saturday mornings whilst my daughter is at ballet. The other days i try and get a short strength workout after we get home and my daughter is in bed.

sometimes i will do my workouts and she likes to join in! I would say planning is key, if you want to workout make it fit into your routine. either first thing in the morning or as soo as you get home. Pre-plan your meals, maybe invest in a slow cooker or batch cook at weekends! good luck :)