Powdered Peanut Butter-PB2

Options
Has anyone ever tried powdered peanut butter? How did you like it? Is the taste of it worth replacing low fat regular peanut butter?

Replies

• divinesymmetry
    divinesymmetry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a peanut butter FIEND, so I did try it. It was just okay to me. It seems pretty expensive for what you get.
  • mama1229
    Options
    I rather enjoy it. I like the Chocolate PB2. I find the consistency is a little off, but the flavor is good. If you mix it with a 1/2-1 T. of the Regular stuff you can reduce the calories a bit and still have the same consistency. Otherwise you have to tweak it a bit to get the consistency you like. Better'n Peanut Butter might be a good alternative for you as well, if you have a Trader Joe's nearby they carry it. Only 100 Calories for 2 T. as opposed to 180-200 for traditional PB.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I like it for some things. I do not reconstitute it. I did not like ir reconstituted.

I like it powdered in shakes, as a fruit dipper, occasionally added to my Oatmeal, when I need to get a lower cal count that day.

But if I want a PB sandwich, PB with crackers, or generally when I want PB in my oatmel - then I use regular peanut butter, and just make room for the calories. In those uses, the real stuff is much more satisfying to me.

It tastes just like PB, but without the added oils, fats, you loose the mouth feel, texture, and satiety and satisfaction that you get from reg PB. (or I do anyway) Some things just need that extra, in my personal opinion. :)

So I think it depends on how you plan to use it. :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Love it! Not as much as regular, chunky PB ... But for the stats that's about as good as you're gonna get.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I use it in shakes, yogurt and add to other foods as a PB substitute. You can get it at www.bellplantation.com and I think through amazon too.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I like the PB2 chocolate with fruit and in oatmeal, but the "real thing" aka Jiff for other things like on crackers or on an English muffin.
  • courtlyn19
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love peanut butter & I think the powdered peanut butter will be a lottttt better than using the regular stuff packed with the fat and calories. I will try it today :)
  • courtlyn19
    Options
    but I think I will try a healthier peanut butter brand as well.