I'm new here

Options
Hi everybody! My name is Tina and I'm 42. I'm a mom of three, a wife, a musican and creative person, and up till this year I ate whatever I wanted and really hated to exercise. I've stopped and started exercising a few times over the years but overall I haven't ever been very consistent with it.

I have a pretty good metabolism and now that I'm tracking my food intake, I'm embarrassed at how much I was eating, and how much fat and calories I was taking in. I really should have weighed a lot more, and I'm thankful I stopped overeating when I did.

This new year I decided it's time to get myself in shape. I'm tired of having to look for larger clothes, and having rolls around my middle and feeling like I'm just not looking my best. Of course I also want to be healthier, but honestly it's my vanity more than anything that is motivating me.

My close friend S and I joined the local gym on my birthday, Jan 10 and we have been working 6 mornings a week. We do the ellliptical machine and treadmill, and weight machines. We go early in the morning before our families are awake so we can back in time to get the kids ready for school.

I'm also keeping track of my eating here on MFP, and am really excited to have lost 3-4 pounds already. Instead of dreading the scale, I'm getting excited to weigh myself every morning!

I look forward to being encouraged by reading your stories, and helping keep each other accountable as we all work toward similar goals.

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    welcome! keep up the good work, you will do ridiculously well!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Wow, working out before the family is awake is a tremendous effort! Good for you! Feel free to add me!
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks, hapoo100!
  • tinamatteson
    Options
    Hey there evoen - how do I add you? (Sorry, just getting the hang of all this.)
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here, too. You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    that is awesome Tina! i try to get up and workout before the family but it's not happened yet so i settle for working out during the day while they are at school and in the afternoons! I'm striving to add more in the am so maybe it will happen! Welcome to the club!
  • tinamatteson
    Options
    Hey there evoen - how do I add you? (Sorry, just getting the hang of all this.)

Never mind, I got it! Thanks.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im a mom having to juggle kids and work, you can add me. Great job so far!!
  • tinamatteson
    Options
    Wow, working out before the family is awake is a tremendous effort! Good for you! Feel free to add me!

Thanks! I can't motivate myself to exercise later in the day. I work part-time, and once the kids are home I want to be there with them. We try to do some walks and bike rides as a family, but that's not a very good cardio workout for me! So far (and I realize I'm pretty new at this, only 4 weeks in) the key for me is having a workout buddy that is counting on me to show up each day.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me if you wish
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive been here a month, and everybody is really fun and supportive. Please "friend" me if you'd like! Welcome!:happy:
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are going to have a great time and you can add me too if you want some more friends to be motivation for you. I am very friendly : )

Have a good day.
  • Deb262
    Options
    Hello, I have just joined MFP as well. I live in Australia and my brother-in-law has been using the MFP app for about five weeks and has lost more than 10 kilograms (I think that's about 22 pounds!!) He has tried many routines over the years to lose weight and this is the best motivational one he's found. My goal is to lose 20 kilograms this year - feels like an impossible task at the moment but we have to start somewhere.

This message board will really help to stay on track and keep up with others' ideas and comments. Being basically lazy I usually find it hard to stay motivated to any length of time, even when I'm seeing results. I'm so looking forward to being part of this.
  • QuiteNice
    QuiteNice Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome- This site is wonderful! Good luck to you and much success! Add me if you would like!
  • Pixipixi
    Options
    I'm new too and looking for friends to share ups and downs (happy ups and weight going downs!) - still building my profile. :blushing:
  • dthibault
    Options
    Work out buddies are the best they keep you accountable and they keep you motivated too...I wouldn't do half of what I do if I didn't have my workout buddy!:smile:
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Hi you're off to a great start! Keep up the good work. I too like getting my workout in before the kids get up although I don't go to the gym I just do videos here at home.
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I couldn't get up befor my family to save my life. We are all up by 6 and between work, my being a full time student, kids' school and all of the extracurriculars, I barely have time to breath, let alone stay fit. But it is something that has to be dome if I wanna be here for my kids. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome ot MFP, Tina! Best wishes to you on your journey!