Question about water...

Options
Hello! I am brand new to this website, (literally, this is day one) and Im a little confused on how to track water intake.. You can add a "cup" of water to your day, but I can't figure out how much is in a cup? Or what kind of cup the website is talking about.. Like, a measurable cup? An 8oz glass? I dont know.. I drink out of a 23 oz water bottle... I guess Im just confused on how to track that. And I couldn't find it in any of the "help" sections on here..

Does anyone have any answers or advice? Any information would be greatly appreciated. (:

-Erin Michelle

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    A cup is 8oz...

a 23oz water bottle is just under 3 cups. I'd probably just round up honestly...
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    A cup is the same on MFP as it is off MFP, 8oz.
  • Kbeau777
    Options
    If you really want to add a zing to your heath, try substituting decaf green tea for water. You will get all the benefits of water and great antioxidents! Watch out for the ones you get in the store pre made. They are full of sugar. Make your own and add some lemon juice, and a bit of honey.I fill a 33.8 ounce water bottle and drink two a day!
  • apena_06
    Options
    A cup is 8oz...

a 23oz water bottle is just under 3 cups. I'd probably just round up honestly...

^^^ This....I agree
  • KellyAFraley
    Options
    Like everyone else has already said... a glass of water is 8oz.
    I have a Smart Water bottle that my hubby got for PT and I refill it and drink from it every single day.
    It comes with me to the gym, and is usually with in arms reach. It is 23.7fl oz. I count it as 3 glasses,
    and make it a point to fill it up at least 3 time a day. Though it is usually 4, depending on my work out.
  • daniecex
    Options
    Thanks guys! I figured a cup of water on MFP was 8oz, but I wanted to double check before I went and screwed something up.

Also, thanks for the tip on green tea. I will definitely look into that. :p