February Walking Challenge

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking February 1st.

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    40 minutes for me today:happy:

exercise.png
  • eawilkrsn
    Options
    im in. starting tomorrow. love walking. been wanting to do more. I started Shred to today too. Just finished my day 1 level 1! Kicked my butt.
    good luck!!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Still here Cricket. I hope to get some walking in tomorrow.
    I am still using my pedometer for steps right now.
    I hope that still counts for something. :bigsmile:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    40 minutes for me today

exercise.png
  • CricketKate
    Options
    im in. starting tomorrow. love walking. been wanting to do more. I started Shred to today too. Just finished my day 1 level 1! Kicked my butt.
    good luck!!!

I am part of another thread that is doing Shred and C25k. We would love to have you there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/433677-shred-couch-to-5k-hybrid
  • Shirley61
    Options
    45 mins. walking

Sunny and beautiful here. Feels like Spring
    instead of winter. I hope we get more of these
    days so I can continue walking. :bigsmile:
  • Luckybarc
    Luckybarc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of walking - lots of snow so on the treadmill:wink:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    40 minutes today

exercise.png
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Over 8,000 steps on pedometer.
  • anitramurray
    Options
    SO how do I join this walking challenge and get the Tickerfactory? Thanks!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    As part of my weekly workout, I walk about 5 days a week during my breaks at work. I do a brisk 10 minute walk in the morning and again in the afternoon. And I use half of my lunch to get in a 30 minute walk. Total of 50 minutes and about 2.7 miles a day. It keeps me energized and in a good mood, especially during those rough days.
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have to get the exercise part started...it may be only 10 or 15 minutes to get started, but I'm in!
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I so appreciate your ideas of fitting in walks...I hope to get to that point, too.
  • busybarbie
    busybarbie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    count me in I need some exercise motivation to start as well as stick to it. later will tell youhow mant mins I did..
  • busybarbie
    Options
    Hi again !!!! just did my walking today after dinner, I almost did not do it becuase I felt so tired so I got up on my treadmil thinking on doing only 10 mins since I said on previous post that I was, did not want to go back on my word ... did it watching the football game and did 30 mins my distance was 1.39 miles.. I am happy with that chat with ya tomorrow...thanks alot on MOTIVATING me!!!!!!!!
    :smile:
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am in! i was looking for something like this since I walk for at least 30 minutes each day along with aerobics, and I strength train every other day. I will track my walking by minutes. I am setting a goal for myself of 400 minutes of walking per week, or 1600 per month. I will post every few days. Here's my month so far....

2/1- 30
    2/2- 55
    2/3- 48
    2/4- 87
    2/5-120

exercise.png
  • CricketKate
    Options
    45 minutes for me:happy:

exercise.png
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!
  • busybarbie
    Options
    Hi, everyone I did 30 mins on my treadmil which is 1.22 miles, and at work I did on my pedometer 2.9 miles..
  • HighlandPony17
    HighlandPony17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi I will start tommorrow with at least 30 mins walking a day :)