Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anybody else

Does anybody else find themselves not doing a lot of exercises because of the calories they burn and having to eat at least most of them back? Somedays I have trouble eating my 1300 calories plus whatever I burn from my workouts. I'm just not hungry. What did u do to overcome this or what kind of advice do you have? I find myself not working out very long cause I know I won't be able to eat back all the calories but I know in order to lose the weight consistently I should burn more calories. I hope this makes sense.

Replies

• ashtonalayna
    ashtonalayna Posts: 89 Member
    Bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    If you know you're going to burn, say, 600 calories, then you can spread them out over the day so you don't feel like you have to eat them all in one setting. Just make sure your calorie estimate is as accurate as possible.

I have to say, though I have many excuses for not exercising, having to eat back the calories has never been one of them. :)
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    No, not me, sorry. I have no problem eating all my calories.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Sometimes. I figured I wasnt burning enough even though I was at my calorie goal or under, but the added excercise I am like, what! And feel like I will gain if I eat all of them back. I exercise in the evening, so I dont have an exact amount of burned calories until then. (My schedule works best if done like this unless it is a day off or weekend) Sooo frustrating.:grumble:
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    You could always eat them back over the course of the next day (or two if you only exercise 2-3 times a week)
    Your body doesn't work to a 24-hour schedule, so spread them out over the week.

I always find I'm super hungry the next day or two anyway, so need them more then, than BEFORE I did the exercise.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    I almost never eat all of mine back on the day I 'earn' them. I also get super hungry the day after an intense workout so I use them there or for when I have my weekly spike meal. I've noticed that as long as I even out over the course of a week that I continue to move in the right direction on the scale and with my measurements :)
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Never have that problem, no. I exercise a lot--mainly so I can eat more. Otherwise I'm at 1200 calories and I need at least 1350-1450 to not feel deprived.