Stupid things you hear in a coffee shop....

Options
So I am sitting in a coffee shop, waiting for a friend and these are the comments a woman made.

I went to the gym, so I can have three packets of real sugar.

A rant about how gross smoking is.... and then she says "I only smoke 2 cigarettes a day...I never smoke before work or in my car or at home...then you smell so disgusting." ....No my smoking doesn't affect my workouts.

What gems have you heard?

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I never hear anything but that's mainly because I'm so involved in my own little world that I am oblivious to anything else but that's too funny. Lol.

That women needs to get a check on reality.
  • a_acosta80
    Options
    HA! sounds l like something my mother would say.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, my sister said, "well this salad dressing only has 150 calories per tablespoon. I'll just leave it for you because you are eating salads."
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    HAHAHA I hear it all...I manage a coffee shop....
  • Jessaustx
    Options
    Oh boy, I was a manger of a coffee shop for 5 years so I have many a story!

1. The pregnant woman. Hey, I have never been pregnant - I don't really care what you do and don't do. But when you take the time to explain to me how your doctor said one cup of coffee is ok every now and then don't think I won't be a little skeptical when you order your large blended coffee drink with 3 extra shots of expresso.

2. The morning b!tch. Short with you, doesn't have time to get off her cell phone for you. Her order: "Uh yeah I need a decaf coffee. And DON'T give me regular, I'll be able to taste the difference." Uhmmmm... no mam, no you won't. Cute though.

3. The person trying to lose weight and has no idea what they're doing. They order a drink on the menu because it has some kind of fruit in the name. They walk away thinking they have made a great choice when actually the drink they have ordered probably consists of an artificially flavored fruit base with TONS of sugar in it, and the rest is sugar and cream. Oh people. :)
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Oh boy, I was a manger of a coffee shop for 5 years so I have many a story!

1. The pregnant woman. Hey, I have never been pregnant - I don't really care what you do and don't do. But when you take the time to explain to me how your doctor said one cup of coffee is ok every now and then don't think I won't be a little skeptical when you order your large blended coffee drink with 3 extra shots of expresso.

2. The morning b!tch. Short with you, doesn't have time to get off her cell phone for you. Her order: "Uh yeah I need a decaf coffee. And DON'T give me regular, I'll be able to taste the difference." Uhmmmm... no mam, no you won't. Cute though.

3. The person trying to lose weight and has no idea what they're doing. They order a drink on the menu because it has some kind of fruit in the name. They walk away thinking they have made a great choice when actually the drink they have ordered probably consists of an artificially flavored fruit base with TONS of sugar in it, and the rest is sugar and cream. Oh people. :)

OHHHH SO TRUE!! everyone of them!!! or they use there state assistance to purchase a $6 beverage.. I dont mind that you need assistance.. but please use it in the right way..... this one person will come in with 3 kids and they get nothing.. Kinda sad to me.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Unless they are like me and know what they are doing and just hope that since it sounds SKINNY and go with it... I made my Starbucks laugh when I ordered my Tall Skinny Mocha with Light Whip Cream. haha