New Here

irishgirl_1
irishgirl_1 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi folks. I'm a 39 year old wife and mom of a 2 year old girl. I also work full-time, so I'm pretty busy. I am 5'2'' tall and currently weigh 192 lbs. So my BMI puts me in the obese range. I've really got to change that. I want to feel and be healthier/have more energy, etc.

I just started back exercising last week after several months of being lazy. I'm walking 1-1.5 miles per day to start (both outside and on a treadmill). In addition, I just started the 30 Day Shred DVD last night--loved the workout.

In any case, I think my ultimate goal is to get to an optimal BMI but not too skinny (about 130 lbs.). So in my journey to lose 62 lbs., my first goal is to get to 172 lbs. by September 1. Once I reach that goal, I'll move onto the next one.

Good luck everyone! I'm so glad a friend pointed me in the direction of this website!

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    HI and Welcome!!!
    Looks like you are off to a great start!!! This is a wonderful website and amazing tool for calorie intake counting and exercise logging and motivation from really awesome people!!
    Good luck!
    30 Day Shred!!!! I just ordered this yesterday.... I am dying to get it and get started with it!!! Woo Hoo!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecome :flowerforyou:

This really is a GREAT website!!!!

Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • irishgirl_1
    irishgirl_1 Posts: 3 Member
    thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.