Wii Fit or Wii Zumba?

Options
I'm looking to buy a fitness thing for the Wii and I'm undecided between these two.

Have any of you had success with either of these? Did they help you lose weight and are they worth buying?

I'd appreciate any advice!

Replies

• CarleaB
    Options
    I hate to choose a third option - but I have "Just Dance" and I absolutely adore it!!! As a very busy student, I rarely have time to dedicate a full 60 solid minutes to a Zumba session - but a few of the dances on the game and my heart beat is up and I'm sweating! I was considering getting the Zumba game (rather than the DVDs) - let me know how it goes!
  • janeeley68
    janeeley68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree Just Dance is fun and is a good workout. I have all three options and I prefer Just Dance.
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    I hadn't thought of Just Dance, thank you both for the idea!
  • tbodway
    Options
    Wii Active 2 is the awesome, it includes a heart rate monitor, and has a great exercise plan.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We have the wii fit. I am doing the active 30 day challenge, it will work you pretty hard if your a beginner.
    I do it over now and then so I can remember all the different exercises. It is a good work out.
  • smoki01
    Options
    I use active2 also and I love it. I can make my exercise plans or use one theirs.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I like the wiifit games. Not a fan of the zumba game.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Wii Active 2 is the awesome, it includes a heart rate monitor, and has a great exercise plan.

I did not know about this, thanks for posting! :)
  • mrsbrightside4
    Options
    Wii Active 2! I know it's not an option, but I think it gives a way better workout than the wii fit games. I don't know anyone who has tried the zumba game
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love my wii fit and just order wii ea active. Heard a lot of good things about it and cant wait to try it.
  • alpha1029
    Options
    Personally, I like having options because one will get boring after a while. I have the Wii Fit, Just Dance 2 and a few workout DVDs I switch between. If I was going to start with one, I would start with Just Dance.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    although ive never used it, i heard bad things about the fit. Zumba 2 for wii is the most amazing thing. It keeps track of everything for you. Lets you know how many calories youve burnt and time used and you can put your weight in. I've never tried one, but I have used 2 for a month and a half and i still love it just as much. Doesn't matter your skill level. i have lost my final 20 pounds thanks to zumba. my mom is the prime example of a person with no coordination. shes also 61 and loves it. shes been doing it 2 weeks and has lost 9 pounds. every result is individual and depends on diet too, of course, but she loves it and looks forward to working out every day. also the 2 zumba wii game lets you do 20,40, and 60 minute workouts, 10 to choose from from each. you can program your own workout, and you can do individual songs if you dont have a lot of time.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love my wii active 2 and Just Dance. I have the wii fit also but don't feel like I get as much of a work out with it. I checked out zumba for the wii at the library and didn't like it at all. It might just be me but it moved so fast (with out showing me the moves first) so I was just lost and frustrated.
  • kareneder84
    kareneder84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the third option, I have have all 3 Just Dances, and they are all great. Wii Fit is ok at first, but I felt I got bored with the activities. I have never tried Zumba.
  • adoreabella
    Options
    I have all the Just Dance games, Zumba 1 and 2, and Gold's Gym Cardio workout. My fave is Zumba 2, but all will give you a really great workout.
  • ybenner
    Options
    Zumba 2 for the Wii is really fun, so is Just Dance. I recommend both of them. :)
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Love love love Zumba 2! I use it 2 - 3 times a week. I also have Active 2 and like it a lot.
  • codeeT
    Options
    im going to start with Your Shape tomorrow
    i also have just dance
  • penny8062
    Options
    i really love the zumba two i take zumba class two days a week if i can make it but some of the songs on zumba two are the same as what we do in class so it really helps when i cant go to class or i need to fill in the three extra days
  • dannilose35
    Options
    I have all three options to review:
    Wii Fit - I mayhave toyed withit once to never pick it up again - moves too slow for me and loading between sessions was a no-no for me.

Just Dance 2 - is great!! but it also doesnt provide me with thw continuos movement w/o breaks

Zumba 2 - Is my choice favorite....you can chose a zumba class from 15min to a full hour...it gives maximum level of cardio w/o the annoying loading between screens. 5 STARS for ZUMBA 2 - Xbox