When will I start losing weight?!!

msdiii1
msdiii1 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been tracking my food intake on MyfitnessPal for over a month plus doing over an hour of cardio a day with intermittent weight training. I only eat half of my workout calories burned so I can keep on track with my weight loss plan. Sadly, I haven't lost a single oz! It's very frustrating, especially because my stomach still seems so bloated. I've read some of the messages and tried to follow what works for some, but I just don't get it. I make sure I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, too.
Any advice would be welcomed.

Replies

• kimdr
    kimdr Posts: 12
    have you lost inches?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Assuming your honestly tracking every single thing that enters your mouth, I would go to the doc and make sure there isn't a thyroid problem or other issue that would keep you from losing weight.

Also, how much sodium are you getting? I notice if I have over 2100 mg of sodium I feel really bloated. One day I had about 1900 and felt absolutely fantastic!
  • msdiii1
    My legs have toned up considerably but I wouldn't say I've lost inches. Some of my clothes actually feel a little tighter, that's what's disappointing. I think I'm going to up my fluid intake to see if that helps, it's possible I'm retaining water. Thanks for the help.
  • msdiii1
    I think I will schedule an appointment with my doctor. Something is definitely not right. I'm very careful to not go over on my calories and fat content. Thanks.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Make sure you are measuring and weighing your food. We tend to "guess" portions incorrectly. Make sure you are eating enough calories. If you are doing these things, go see your Dr. it could be a thyroid problem.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Please don't take this wrong. I checked your profile and see that you are in that age range that it does make it harder to lose. Plus you don't have a lot to lose. It seems like those pounds go on so easy but come off so slow. Keep working towards losing. You can lose it but it might take time for your body to start giving up the pounds. I'd give it another few weeks then maybe see the dr. to make sure everything is ok.
    Sometimes a change in your cardio routine will help. I use to only be a walker but started running last year and that made a big difference in my belly fat.

I have to ask. Is the Barnabas Collins you refer to from Dark Shadows?
  • Don't worry it happened to me too. My first month I kept track or everything and the scale didn't move then one day wham it went down. I was losing more inches then pounds. Now I am losing weight and inches. keep at it. I know it's hard not to see the scale go down but what your doing working!
  • Remember muscle weighs more than fat so with all of your cardio you are building muscle. I had the same problem when I started my kick boxing.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    are you sure you have you're goals set right? What goal did you choose, and what is your BMI?
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    are you sure you have you're goals set right? What goal did you choose, and what is your BMI?

The same thing happened to me for about a month and then I set up my thing to be "moderately active" and that changed my calories and now i've started losing pounds. also 1 lb a week is what I have mine set to, sometimes anything more than that is unrealistic and may be unhealthly. Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • msdiii1
    Thanks for the support, I really needed it. If things don't change by the end of June I plan to visit my doctor just to see what else may be going on--besides hormones! And yes, Barnabus Collins happens to be one of my favorite characters from Dark Shadows.:happy:
  • msdiii1
    I've thought about muscle weight being the culprit. I don't have all that much to lose so I know it's going to be slower coming off. I'll keep at it though!:smile:
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    I've been tracking my food intake on MyfitnessPal for over a month plus doing over an hour of cardio a day with intermittent weight training. I only eat half of my workout calories burned so I can keep on track with my weight loss plan. Sadly, I haven't lost a single oz! It's very frustrating, especially because my stomach still seems so bloated. I've read some of the messages and tried to follow what works for some, but I just don't get it. I make sure I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, too.
    Any advice would be welcomed.

How many calories are you burning with your one hour of cardio? If you could burn 500 calories a day with your cardio, you should be able to lose a lb a week with just your cardio.
This discussion has been closed.