has anyone tried apple cider vinegar?

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cos it can be good for you in meny way's look it up

Exercise and a balanced diet are also good in meny ways. In fact if you follow that program, you will quickly lose the desire to do weird things like suck down vinegar through a straw.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What benefits are you hoping to achieve by drinking vinegar?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I use it to create a deathtrap for flies at cookouts. Also works for fruit flies.
  • I tried 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar (Braggs with the mother) in my 1.5 litre water bottle, I was drinking 2 of these water bottles per day and eventually worked up to 3 tablespoons in my water bottle. I was going to the gym doing PT, and it gave me a lot of stamina and definitely raised my energy levels. I also dropped a couple of kilos. Infact, I think I will go back to it.

The main reason for drinking apple cider vinegar is to increase metabolism but it also de-acidfys the body and makes the blood more alkaline which is especially good for people doing high protein diets. For anyone who is curious about apple cider vinegar. www.earthclinic.com has a lot of information and testimonials from real people.

It is important to note that drinking supermarket bought apple cider vinegar is of no benefit as the supermarket kind is pasturised. The pasturisation kills the "mother"' which is the live sediment (the bit that does all the good stuff).
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I do a shot of it every time I have a gall bladder flareup. It eases the stabbing pain. One of these days I'll get that thing out.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    " According to Schmitt, the idea that apple cider vinegar somehow "speeds up fat loss is altogether a myth." There is no evidence to suggest that apple cider vinegar can affect metabolism,which is the way an individual breaks down food and burns calories."
    - http://m.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/apple-cider-vinegar-myth

"
    There is no scientific evidence that apple cider vinegar has any medicinal properties. While the folksy anecdotes from those who claim to have benefited from apple cider vinegar tonics may be amusing to read, they are simply that -- anecdotes."
    - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0GCU/is_n6_v14/ai_20152545/
  • Slingster
    Options
    Hey, ACV is supposed to get your digestive system working and is the same concept as drinking hot lemon water first thing. My hubby takes a tablespoonful every morning. Me, too tangy, so don't, but not so bad really, I just don't, but probably should. There's not supposed to be rapid weight loss associated with it, it's just that it kick starts the metablism and that helps with shedding the weight. I've also heard that you MUST have ACV that comes from 'mother'. Don't ask, have no clue what 'mother' is, but if you read the label and it says 'mother' then that's the one you want.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's good for cleaning out a lady's hoohah.
  • christinezappella
    christinezappella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's great with all kinds of pork and in salad dressings!
  • 4nume
    4nume Posts: 3
    Options
    I often take on tbsp in a water bottle, helps my digestion.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I have some in the morning, it helps with tummy issues that I have. I heard it aids in weight loss and helps your skin clear, can't really attest to either of those yet because I don't take it frequently but it's really good for you. You can get caplets too from what I'm told.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    is this a douching thing?

OMG! Cant.Stop.Laughing.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i use to take shots of it straight after every meal. really helps with your digestion n such. sadly, it taste horrid though.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had to have gall bladder surgery and prior to that a glass of Apple cider vinegar was recommended. I couldn't drink it straight, But I mixed one third of the vinegar with a 100% organic apple juice and it was very good. Helped my digestion immensely.
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I tried 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar (Braggs with the mother) in my 1.5 litre water bottle, I was drinking 2 of these water bottles per day and eventually worked up to 3 tablespoons in my water bottle. I was going to the gym doing PT, and it gave me a lot of stamina and definitely raised my energy levels. I also dropped a couple of kilos. Infact, I think I will go back to it.

The main reason for drinking apple cider vinegar is to increase metabolism but it also de-acidfys the body and makes the blood more alkaline which is especially good for people doing high protein diets. For anyone who is curious about apple cider vinegar. www.earthclinic.com has a lot of information and testimonials from real people.

It is important to note that drinking supermarket bought apple cider vinegar is of no benefit as the supermarket kind is pasturised. The pasturisation kills the "mother"' which is the live sediment (the bit that does all the good stuff).

I've done it with the Bragg vinegar mixed with equal amounts of honey in a cup of hot water. I can't tell where it did any good, but I may not have been on it long enough. I got used to the taste eventually. Good luck.
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I haven't tried it to loose weight but I have it to make an awesome cold and flu remedy that I swear by!
  • RealWill
    RealWill Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Yep, took care of my daughter's warts last year.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    yes i use it. :)
  • Scottnichola
    Options
    It does help stimulate digestion... but should be done before the meal. Not afterwards... many southern folk in the US keep pickled vegetables like okra and even peppers and nibble on it at the beginning of the meal.