Do you think that this site is accurate?

Options
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

I find it very motivating, but I don't know if it's reliable.

Replies

• huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I hope not :) Seems like forever on there.
  • stephanieaube
    stephanieaube Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have weight loss, I guess that answers the question :smile:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    With the plan they gave me, it said I would be 52.8 lbs by 2014 LOL
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I tested it out and it's spot on with what MFP says... so I'd say pretty accurate if you enter correctly.
  • ddrwolfgirl
    Options
    Haha, yeah, how it keeps going is amusing. I think my bones alone weigh more than the numbers on the bottom. :laugh:
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    When I tell people about this site, I say its about 90% accurate.

With logging food, 9 times out of 10 I'm logging foods that are scanned, but there are foods that don't have barcodes so I have to estimate with other previous entries, or make one myself (and I 'aint no dietician)

Exercising is also a bit of an estimate. You can run 5k's and it says you've burnt a set amount of calories depending on your age, height and weight but really it will only ever differ from one person to another by 10% IMO.

Look at it this way, if your doing it right and you're losing weight, who cares if it's 100% accurate? The important thing is to get it working for you and to keep it consistent.

**HUGE EDIT** - just realised you were talking about another site completely.... my bad... :S
    still, I stick by my guns and say its never gonna be 100%. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If I keep eating like I'm eating (around 2000 calories a day), by my birthday in June, I'll have gained 0.36 pounds. :laugh:

In two years, I'll gain about two pounds.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I dont really get it, lol... can you explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old... on this theory of calories used VS deficit...

I also had a giggle cuz it went all the way down to feb 2014 and I weighed 63lbs... what?! lol....
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I dont really get it, lol... can you explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old... on this theory of calories used VS deficit...

I also had a giggle cuz it went all the way down to feb 2014 and I weighed 63lbs... what?! lol....

hahaha I know it gets ridiculous! I only looked at the first two columns. If you enter your height/age/weight and the amount of calories you plan on eating per day, it supposedly tells you how much you will weight each week. I think the last two columns are what it is using to make it's estimations
  • ddrwolfgirl
    Options
    I believe the third column, "Calories Used" is supposed to be the maintenance level for that particular weight and the deficit is the difference between that number and the intake number you supplied. It is a strange label for the column.
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nevermind my original post.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well the first few entries seem about right for me-- 1/2 pound per week. After that it gets ridiculous-- there ought to be a cut off somewhere. :P
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It calculated that I would reach my goal in about 4.5 months, and I just found that exciting :)
  • dizzycoolbabe
    dizzycoolbabe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I've lost 14lbs since the beginning of January! I find it helpful to log what I'm eating so I can keep track of my daily calories! I think it is accurate, although, being a Brit - I presume the foods bought here [in our supermarkets etc] have been put in by users so I'm hoping they have things right :) - doing random checks - they do seem to be correct!
  • andreacord
    Options
    It calculated that I would reach my goal in about 4.5 months, and I just found that exciting :)

It says I will have met my goal in 3 months which is kinda impossible for me because I lose weight pretty slowly and I still have 20 more lbs to go at least.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    MFP works for me...I could care less about other sites.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I like it! It might not be totally accurate but I'm putting on my "update" because it's motivating. Thx!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    With the plan they gave me, it said I would be 52.8 lbs by 2014 LOL

I got 75 lbs LOL