Please Help With Losing Stomache AND Hip Area Fat....

Options
Hello All,
I've done great at losing 105lbs of the course of a year and I still have 50lbs I want to lose. I walk/jog on most days and that is about it for now. My problem area seems to be in my stomache and hip area... I have had 3 c-sections, a gall bladder removal and a back surgery going thru my stomache as well. What can I do to help get some of the fat off in this area. I do have a very big scar from when I had my back surgery and the only way for it to be gone for good is by having a tummy tuck which I can't afford, but I think that at least if I tone that area up and lose more weight it will definately be an improvement. Any suggestions???? Thanks so much!

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Nothing's going to remove fat from that specific area except for overall weight loss. It will eventually come off.
  • drczr
    drczr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster above. Just keep up with your healthy eating and exercise. As you continue to lose those 50 additional pounds, you will lose fat in those areas but in other areas as well. There are no exercises that will burn more fat in the thighs and hips. When you burn calories, you will burn them equally from all areas. There is no such thing as spot burning. So doing sit-ups for example doesn't burn a whole lot of calories but the calories you burn from doing it will not necessarily come from your stomach but equally from all your fat stores.