Does anyone just eat the same amount of calories everyday?

Options
I know that we are supposed to eat back our exercise calories, but on days where I don't exercise I just feel weird about not eating as much, and I get hungry. My daily calorie limit is 1200, and when I exercise it usually goes up to about 1700. Would it make sense for me to just eat 1500 calories per day everyday? I would be over on days when I don't exercise but under on days that I do, and I think that it would balance out in the end. I've noticed that 1500 calories is usually what it takes to satisfy me, and I feel best when I eat this amount.

Is there any problem with this plan?

Replies

• cooter2533
    Options
    As long as exercise 3-4 days a week I don't see the problem with u eating 1500 a day. I never eat my workout calories back I eat 1600-17// cals a day whther I dont work out or burn 300-400 calories at the gym.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If this makes more sense to you - go for it.
    If you want to, you can go into your goals page and change your activity level to one higher (so from sedentary to lightly active for example) and this will give you a higher calorie allowance each day. Then you don't have to add your exercise in each day and you will have a consistent calorie goal.
    I've done this to account for the regular short walks etc that I do every day, so I don't have to add them in separately and now I just add deliberate exercise to my diary (when i run or strength train for example).
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, im not hungry enough to eat all the extra on exercise days, and im starving on non exercise days without the extras!
    Im 5'4, 219lbs and eat 1740 most days, on exercise days i burn around 500-600. it seems to work just fine have lost 25lbs since October :)
    I do this by altering my goal to lose only 1lb/week, then i use exercise to create the remaining deficit to make it up to 2lb. I log my exercise in the notes box rather than the diary so its easier to keep a count on how many cals I actually have left to eat.
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem, im not hungry enough to eat all the extra on exercise days, and im starving on non exercise days without the extras!
    Im 5'4, 219lbs and eat 1740 most days, on exercise days i burn around 500-600. it seems to work just fine have lost 25lbs since October :)
    I do this by altering my goal to lose only 1lb/week, then i use exercise to create the remaining deficit to make it up to 2lb. I log my exercise in the notes box rather than the diary so its easier to keep a count on how many cals I actually have left to eat.

I really like this idea! This would also get rid of the problem of calculating calories burned exercising. do you still keep your activity level set at sedentary?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly report. If your net cals at the end of the week are on target, then you should be fine. If you're a little over on some days and a little under on others, then it shouldn't be a problem.