New in Southern Illinois

Options
Hello everyone, I just came back to this and feeling out of it. I signed up before in the Spring and forgot all about....well ME! I am a mother of an active 3 year old and ready to take the weight loss by storm. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Just trying to learn the ropes of this and needing friends in the same situation. Happy Dieting!

Replies

• pinkieshrimp
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I just started too, but one thing that has helped is feeling accountable. For example, get yourself a ticker so you can visibly see your progress. Meet people who are in your same situation, and make sure that they keep track of you. I find that when I want to eat something bad, I go here and read people's blogs and messages- many of these people have lost 30 pounds or more, so they KNOW what they're doing.

Best of luck! :wink:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just came back to this and feeling out of it. I signed up before in the Spring and forgot all about....well ME! I am a mother of an active 3 year old and ready to take the weight loss by storm. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Just trying to learn the ropes of this and needing friends in the same situation. Happy Dieting!

Hello and welcome on board!! My dad lives in Mascoutah, IL so I saw the title of your post and just had to respond!!

Advice? Well, drink LOTS of water, avoid caffeine, be gentle with yourself when you fall (we all do), dont give up, own your accomplishments...even the small ones. Remember that you didnt put the weight on overnight and its not coming off overnight so be patient and dont give up!

Hows that??

Good luck!!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you have not already done so, read the NEWBIE posts under General Diet section. There is good info there.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • KCSPEARS
    KCSPEARS Posts: 123
    Options
    welcome back
  • 4loverandme
    Options
    Thanks, after all we are all in this together!