Zumba

Options
How many calories are estimately burned in Zumba? I went for the 1st time tonight to a Zumba toning class and just guessed when I was plugging it in here.... I put 350... but I was curious is anyone had an idea or knew?

Replies

• AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's really hard to estimate. I wear a Polar Heart Rate Monitor and depending on how high impact our class is, I can burn anywhere from 250 to 350. Sorry, I'm not much more help!
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had no idea either, but found this site:
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/
    scroll down and there is a calculator.

Also I bought a heart rate monitor and was shocked this morning when it told me I burned 503 at zumba!
  • deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I second that emotion.. the Polar Heart Rate is a great tool to take out all of the guess work when working out (trying to figure out how many calories are being burned per workout).

With the combination of myfitnesspal. i am finally on the right track!!!
  • niknanette
    Options
    I do Zumba at home with the DVDs and wii and my hem has given me anywhere from 300-575 for 45 minutes. It really just depends. That website overestimated for me but not by a lot.
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My HRM tells me I burn calories in the late 600s in 60 mins of high impact zumba fitness (not toning class) - it will vary on your own details tho.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    To throw some more numbers in there - I usually burn 600 calories per Zumba class. I've even hit 700 before.

All tracked with the help of my trusty Polar HRM.

There is so much variance with Zumba, I think a HRM is the only way to go.
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My Zumba class is so awesome and the instructor so good that I typically burn 10 cal per minute. This is according to my HRM. Have fun!
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor as well. I can burn anywhere from 300-400 for a 1/2 hour class and 700-800 in a hour class.

It all depends how hard you push yourself. I personally push myself to the limit to where after one class my sweatpants were soaked around my butt....I've never had my butt sweat like that...LOL
  • amandasue1107
    amandasue1107 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I burn about 550 and that is for an hour of Zumba! There are websites where you can enter in your weight and it will tell you!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    try this calculator. i found that its prety accurate.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc