Detox/Cleansing Diet

Options
Hello everyone.
I am just getting started on this site and with weight loss. I am wondering if anyone could recommend a detox/cleansing diet to get my weight loss goals started.
Thanks
Beth

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    No... no we can't.

Detox diets = useless

Just kick start yourself by sticking to your calories, try getting close to your macros (fat / protein / carb ratios) and go forward from there. Add a good dose of regular exercise to kick start your metabolism... and voila!

Anything else is unnecessary. Feel free to quote me on that! =D
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I like the "clean eating" cleanse. You eat fruits, veggies, lean meats, beans, and it works wonders! You drink lots of water, and exercise is key too
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I like the "clean eating" cleanse. You eat fruits, veggies, lean meats, beans, and it works wonders! You drink lots of water, and exercise is key too

where is the like button when I need one ? truer words have not been spoken then this.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I am just getting started on this site and with weight loss. I am wondering if anyone could recommend a detox/cleansing diet to get my weight loss goals started.
    Thanks
    Beth
    if its any help to you, my first week i completely cut out salt sugar oil preety much everything no soda no fried foods and i lost 9 lbs...i felt great!!!
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    what kind detox? laxatives like ex lax like a detox?
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    No... no we can't.

Detox diets = useless

Just kick start yourself by sticking to your calories, try getting close to your macros (fat / protein / carb ratios) and go forward from there. Add a good dose of regular exercise to kick start your metabolism... and voila!

I disagree
    i did the Master Cleanse
    i LOVED IT
    i felt A Frikin Mazing after i lost like 7 lbs
    and i have kept it off and i have no want to smoke, drink alcohol, or eat any fast food of any kind it made me feel light and energetic
    and really made me adopt a healthier lifestyle
    im soooo glad i did it
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I stick to low cal, healthy foods and three days a week I eat ONLY fresh fruits and veggies, as well as the "master cleanse" drink. It's just water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. Exercise regularly, push yourself out of our comfort zone, no fried food, no sugar, COUNT CALORIES..And the most important, drink TONS of H20. :)
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    No such thing. The whole idea is malarky. Detox is what your liver and kidneys are for--take care of em
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

where is the like button when I need one ? truer words have not been spoken then this.

^^^agreed! You will "detox" on a clean diet as your body will kind of go into shock at all the new and healthy food. You'll probably notice your elimination improves, your skin becomes cleaner, and you can think better. The first week you will feel kind of crappy, but you'll love how you feel after
  • erica82177
    Options
    Courtney Crozier from the biggest loser suggests this as well! thats how she lost 109lbs at home in 9 months before going on the show.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No... no we can't.

Detox diets = useless

I disagree
    i did the Master Cleanse
    i LOVED IT
    and i have kept it off and i have no want to smoke, drink alcohol, or eat any fast food of any kind it made me feel light and energetic
    im soooo glad i did it

hi rachy,

how long have u been on this master cleanse? im going to try it too.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    No... no we can't.

Detox diets = useless

I disagree
    i did the Master Cleanse
    i LOVED IT
    im soooo glad i did it

I did the master cleanse a couple years ago and hated it
    The salt water flush? Yea nothing fun about the screaming poops
    There will be things I give up for weight loss, but control of my butt isnt one of them

Eating clean and working out has resulted in a lot of fat loss for me, I never eat fast food or crave it, stopped drinking, and dont have to do a silly cleanse.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    CLeanses are stupid. I have yet to see one that has one shred of clinical evidence behind it, let alone one that identifies any of the so called toxins it supposedly gets rid of.

If you suddenly go on a strict diet, after eating crap for years, you will drop weight. You're not dropping imaginary toxins.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try the whole living cleanse. I wasn't successful but the first one is better than the 2012 one. It is all about eating clean and cutting out come common allergens/problem foods (gluten)

http://www.wholeliving.com/136336/four-weeks-your-best-self/@center/136747/whole-living-action-plan-28-day-challenge

This is what I would call a healthy cleanse: lots of whole foods.

Check out the 2012 one, there are lots of tasty recipes too.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    No... no we can't.

Detox diets = useless

I disagree
    i did the Master Cleanse
    i LOVED IT
    im soooo glad i did it

I did the master cleanse a couple years ago and hated it
    The salt water flush? Yea nothing fun about the screaming poops
    There will be things I give up for weight loss, but control of my butt isnt one of them

Eating clean and working out has resulted in a lot of fat loss for me, I never eat fast food or crave it, stopped drinking, and dont have to do a silly cleanse.

OMG - I totally love you right now. screaming poops...I am laughing my *kitten* off
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    No... no we can't.

Detox diets = useless

I disagree
    i did the Master Cleanse
    i LOVED IT
    im soooo glad i did it

hi rachy,

how long have u been on this master cleanse? im going to try it too.

i did it for 10 days
    i wasnt easy at first but after the first 3 or 4 days it was easy and i wanted to keep going but i figured that would be taking it too far lol
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    CLeanses are stupid. I have yet to see one that has one shred of clinical evidence behind it, let alone one that identifies any of the so called toxins it supposedly gets rid of.

If you suddenly go on a strict diet, after eating crap for years, you will drop weight. You're not dropping imaginary toxins.

i think dropping the weight is like idk kinda the point.....

and if you ever did one you can tell your body is cleansed because you can FEEL it
  • m_garcia13
    Options
    What is the Master Cleanse?!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

and if you ever did one you can tell your body is cleansed because you can FEEL it

And if you start eating healthier, just clean foods after eating junk for so long you will FEEL cleaner, HEALTHIER and happier. If you didn't give your car proper fuel it would either die or start to not work properly, what is the difference here?!

PLUS you would probs lose mostly muscle tissue, not fat.

Btw, I lost 6 pounds my first week just by cutting calories.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Yes, you will drop weight.
    There isn't any magical chemistry going on. There aren't imaginary toxins in your cells, holding on to fat.