what exercise will you only do when nobody can see you do it

Options
OK, Today I started using my kids Wii, and started doing Just Dance. Only did 5 minutes before the contractors showed up. But tomorrow I hope to get in at least 15 minutes.... but only when nobody can see me do it!

Replies

• MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    just dance is such a good calorie torcher! i play it all the time, but my boyfriend refuses to. I dont care what i look like cause its making me sweat like CRAZY! I do all of my workouts at home so i would prob feel uncomfortable doing any of them if someone was present.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the dancing....only when no one is watching lol.
  • Jessicaga82
    Jessicaga82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do zumba on the wii but probably would never go to a zumba class! I will also only run at home I won't run on a treadmill at the gym.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Pilates! I may or may not have cursed at the perky little dvd instructor for being so dang flexible...
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Pilates! I may or may not have cursed at the perky little dvd instructor for being so dang flexible...

Well, when I get thinner, i want to try yoga... and I am dang sure I will hate the DVD instructor!
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just got Just Dance 3 for Wii, and it's fun! The best part is that my husband does it with me... even the Shakira song lol. I'm pretty sure I look better shaking my hips than he does, but we both have fun. I wouldn't mind doing most of them in front of people, except that some of those dances are a little racy for me to be comfortable with anyone but hubby watching lol.

I don't like doing exercises I'm insecure about and feel like I should be better at, with others watching. I wouldn't bust out pushups at the gym; those are at-home only! I also get nervous about moves like lunges because I'm afraid I'll get some embarrassing panty lines or a wedgie... makes me feel like a middleschooler but it's my fear!
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Barbell Hip Thrusters... Too sexual for the public eye
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    All of them. I refuse to do any exercise (besides walking) if I can sense someone in the room. When I workout at home I lock myself in my room and refuse to even let me son in
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    anything on tv. i can't do aerobics or any kind of exercise video infront of other people. but i'm happy to go and do the classes at the gym...
    wierd
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anything! I always feel like I'm being judged. I do everything alone, except for Aquasize, but we're in water to our necks , so you can't see anything anyway!
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ha ha crunches and pushups lol
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Nothing... If I can do Zumba while some guys are peering into the gym just waiting for us to get out so they can play basketball... I can do it in front of my husband with the Wii as well.. provided he doesn't laugh of course... :-p
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Anything involving jumping. I'm like the Michelin Man on a trampoline, but with lady parts. NO WAY I'm doing that in public.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Lunges. I lose my balance and wobble all over the place. Happy to do them at home, even though cats add an extra dimension of risk to exercise.
  • sweetqui23
    sweetqui23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dance/Zumba when I know I'm alone
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    when I started I used to be this way about everything. weights, walking, jogging, swimming. everything. over time I started to gain confidence, feel better about myself and I stopped caring who saw me. on top of everything else I now regularly attend a Zumba class. 300+ lbs man doing Zumba with 20-30 other ladies. I'm not entirely alone though, theres's 1 other gentleman in my class. 60 yr old. and we represent well!
  • nelda_rrr
    Options
    All of them. I refuse to do any exercise (besides walking) if I can sense someone in the room. When I workout at home I lock myself in my room and refuse to even let me son in

That's what I do. My In-laws live with us so I'm too embarrassed to exercise in the living room. I need to get a lock for my door, I have no privacy. So I try to do them when in-laws are asleep, kids are at school and hubby has left for work. Lol!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    on top of everything else I now regularly attend a Zumba class. 300+ lbs man doing Zumba with 20-30 other ladies. I'm not entirely alone though, theres's 1 other gentleman in my class. 60 yr old. and we represent well!

If I saw you- the only thing I would think is 'That guy has 'a certain bit of anatomy' of steel'. I'm too wimpy to even GO to a gym right now.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    probably jump squats and all those calisthenics whenever i decide to do them which is not very often.
    I do like to sprint outside but not jog.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Zumba and running on a treadmill...I always look like I am either having a seizure or about to drop dead (People have actually asked me if I was OK) LOL