26 year old 330lbs in need of support system... names jessy

Options
Hi, im jessy. I live in Tennessee. I just recently found out i may have nonalcoholic steateohepatitis(NASH) and need to make a life change. But i lack an inner drive and motivation. The thought of dying young because of my weight still gives me no motivation. Im scared and just need some support if im going to change my life around...

Replies

• BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • ehoward54
    ehoward54 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessy! My name is Emily and I would love to help motivate you. :) friend request sent.
  • fairtomiddling63
    Options
    Thank you. Hi
  • Kamalalue
    Kamalalue Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I started a group today, for people that have a lot to lose. I personally need to lose 200 lbs or more.

If you are interested, the groups name is Heavy Weights.

Hope to see you there!

Katie (Kamalalue)
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I have this too. I'm currently at 186 lbs at 5'8" and my highest weight was 212 lbs. Actually, a lot of people have this condition and don't know it. Feel free to add me to your friend's list!
  • aramsdor
    Options
    Hi Jessy! Would love to support you, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessy, I hope I can be some support to you. Request sent.
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad you took the first step. Just make sure you log-in here everyday and stick to your site don't work everyone on here is going through the same. Wish u luck !
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessy!!! You came to the right place and I'm sure you'll find a lot of motivation. I didn't start losing til I joined and I'm down over 40lbs now and we're about the same size! You can do this!:wink:
  • MysticMuse
    Options
    I'd love to help out, too.
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you're here. :)
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome, send me a friend request if you need more support. Im needing it as well. :flowerforyou:
  • kcmckillip
    kcmckillip Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessy. I had serious doubts when I started on MFP, but it has made losing weight a lot easier than I expected.I'd be happy to be a friend.I've lost about 20 so far, 30 more to go, and that's just for my modest 1st goal.

As for motivation, who is that little guy in your picture, is he someone who would miss you if you were gone?

I'd be happy to be a friend if you'd like, though I don't know how to send a request.
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    welcome. joining is a great first step. now start making small steps. for starters focus on staying hydrated. you should be drinking half your weight in water each day. i bought myself a cute 32oz water cup that I now take everywhere, i track my intake with each refill.

you can do this, MFP buddies will have your back. good days and bad =))
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lovely, I don't mean to be harsh, but if possibly dying isn't motivating you, I'm not sure how much I can. Motivation has to come from within. People can support you, sure, but this has to be something you do for yourself.

I wish you nothing but the best, and I hope you find your drive. Please think long and hard about what being healthier will accomplish. Hopefully, you will find a good reason.
  • crodz73
    crodz73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are heading in the right direction! You have to make a part of your routine, I set 1 hour after I get home from work and exercise!
  • shaparra
    shaparra Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessy :flowerforyou:
    welcome you will find lots of great support here. i started 25 days ago & have lots 10 lbs so far. please feel free to add me (that applys to anyone else too ). just take it one day at a time & you'll do great.
  • fairtomiddling63
    Options
    Thanks everybody...means a lot.
  • CacklinJack90
    Options
    Add me if you'd like, I need inspiration and motivation too :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessy. Are you sure that possibly dying is real to you? You say that, but sometimes we really don't believe it. When I was younger it wasn't real. But now that I'm the age when my father had his first heart bypass surgery, and my Mom has type 2 diabetes, it's pretty real for me.

When it's real, you will be motivated.