how to stop eating biscuits in the evening

Options
Hi,

Does anyone have good tips to stop eating bisuits in the evening. my diet is good during the day but i find when i come home in the evening (after work and doing exercise) and have my cup of tea after dinner i tend to have about 4-5 biscuits. I really want to stop doing this as i have been so good during the day and then i ruin it by eating loads of biscuits.

If you have any good tips or alternatives let me know.

Thanks.

nm

Replies

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Try substituting the biscuits for maybe a piece of fruit or veggies. I heard that a cup of hot cocoa works.
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I have no advice, but I do have the same problem. The only difference is that I eat popcorn and ice cream. Night time cravings are killing me, so I feel your pain!:explode:

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Try to wean yourself off bisquits a little at a time. Put only one or two on a plate and eat only those. I agree that eating some fruit or veg would help too!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My initial thought was to stop keeping the bisuits in your house! If they are not there, you can not eat them.
    :tongue:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I would suggest the same thing...try to replace it with something else. fruit is a great snack...a fruit salad with some redi-whip on top, or yogurt.
    Have one or two biscuits with some fruit. better than 4 or 5!

Cindy (ps I'm also a bread/biscuit lover)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them and keep them at home.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    yeah, just dont buy them.
    i will eat a WHOLE stack of premium plus crackers with peanut butter at a time. but my dad won't stop buying them cause he loves them too.
    if they weren't there, i wouldn't buy them.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    My initial thought was to stop keeping the bisuits in your house! If they are not there, you can not eat them.
    :tongue:

My first thought too! I love oreo cookies so i dont' buy them! My kids have to eat snacks that don't appeal to me :happy:

I also wanted to add that eating at night is a terrible habit of mine...but once i break the habit for a couple of days,it gets easier!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree, just don't buy them. I have the same problem, though ,with bread and butter :embarassed: I have one and I keep going until it's almost all gone! :noway: Anyways, try and eat something healthier that satisfies the texture and flavor OR you could try working out in place of your craving. You're not hungry, you just want it. Sometimes if I walk off my cravings, I'll forget about it and I'll be OK.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! Unfortunatly I also have a 5 year old...who loves her cookies. I've made the compromise that I buy 3-4 cookies at the bakery each week and she can have one a day as her dessert after dinner (or fruit if she eats all the cookies). That way I am not tempted because I know they are hers and she only gets to have one. It's a great strategy all around.
  • nzfoxy
    nzfoxy Posts: 29
    Options
    I completely understand this problem as I too had exactly the same habit every night and my husband was the same. I no longer eat biscuits at nights now as I simply don't buy them or have them in the house (if I did, I'd go insane thinking about them 24/7 and then eat the whole lot in one go!).
    I do have a low cal (25 cal) Swiss Miss hot chocolate drink every night with milk to make it a bit creamer and this does satisfy my sweet tooth cravings which I'd usually fill by having a cup of tea and a handful of biscuits. Try it, I didn't believe a hot choc drink would ever be enough but it is. Good luck!
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeah, try not to buy them! Or find something else that will give you the same satisfaction. I used to eat biscuits at work all the time and now when I get the urge for something I have some dark chocolate covered rice cakes that get rid of any chocolate or general sweet cravings....They're really nice! Only about 56cals and 1 rice thin is always enough :)
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein during the day? If not it could be the reason you feel so hungry at night.:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Well,,, you can have 5 cookies and ruin your day or a big bunch of strawberries/cherries/grapes/etc. and not ruin your day.

I have this theory that you get one satisfaction point for each time you put something in your mouth - and when you've done your 7-8-9 bites you'll be satisfied (or at least reasonably so). So,,, a good handful of grapes works for me in a way that an apple just can't.

Maybe try a double snack for an evening or 2. 2-3 biscuits and 6 nice ripe red cherries. 'nilla wafer cookies w/sliced strawberries on them. Hmmmmm,,, Getting hungry :tongue:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hey,,, lookie here:

Nilla Wafers - Cookies, 4 wafers 70 11 3 1 3 58 remove
    Strawberries - Raw, 4 small (1" dia) 9 2 0 0 0 0 remove
    Kraft Cool Whip Lite - Whipped Topping, 1/8 cup 20 3 1 0 0 0 remove
    Remember Meal 99 16 4 1 3 58

4 nilla wafers with a nice strawberry and a dab o' Cool whip on each one. 99 calories,,,

I assure you your 5 biscuits is worse than that.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! Unfortunatly I also have a 5 year old...who loves her cookies. I've made the compromise that I buy 3-4 cookies at the bakery each week and she can have one a day as her dessert after dinner (or fruit if she eats all the cookies). That way I am not tempted because I know they are hers and she only gets to have one. It's a great strategy all around.

now that is smart! :drinker: