What are your kids nicknames?

Options
I was wondering what you all call your kids that isn't their given names. I always thought I would never shorten my kids names when I was pregnant but since I like long names and my hubby likes short names it was bound to happen I guess.

Our kids are Devon (my stepson), Feodora, Serenity, and Sterling. We call them Devon, Feo, Renity (sometimes), and Erling (on occasion). They are Seven, Three, Ninteen months, and Thirteen months.

If you don't want to say your kids real name that fine, just leave their nickname.

Replies

• MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    My son is going to be 3 next month and his name is Fernando. His dad calls him POOP because well (TMI) he pooped inside me when I went into labor. I call him BABY because he's my only baby! I call him a lot of other things but they are just random words that don't make any sense.:laugh:
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When he was young, I used to call my son (Craig) 'Munchkin' (even now at 16, I still do occasionally to bug him lol)
    Gillian we call "Gilly-Bean' (like Jelly Bean), or 'Pickle' cause she loves them.
    Emma we call Emma 'Bear (no reason, just sounded cute)
    and Autumn is Autumn 'Boo" (same, no reason other then to have a 3rd 'B' nickname, plus it seems to suit her lol)

Tracy

13680624.png
  • melrose09
    Options
    Sullivan is "Sully" "Bear" and "Sully Bear" :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Like Bill Cosby and his brother Russel, mine are nicknamed Goddammit and Jesus Christ.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My younger siblings (not my own kids).... Little sister, Elisaveta, we call Lisa or Veta. And little brother Zenon, we sometimes simply call "Z"

And when they aren't paying attention to me and I'm trying to make them acknowledge me I'll call Lisa "E-Dog" or "Liz-Dog" and Zenon we always call "Z-Dog" and "Z-meister" :laugh: I don't even know why lol
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My daughter is Kyrsten Rae (11 yrs), we sometimes call her KRae or Rotten Rae (really, its a term of endearment (though it doesn't sound like it!) and it makes her smile). My son is Kyle (8 yrs), we sometimes call him Baby Bear (not sure why that started, but it stuck!) or Little Man.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    When my daughter (Emily) was a baby, she would make this noise when she was hungry or otherwise unsatisfied. Her mom called it "meemeling." I might have the spelling wrong or it might be a word that doesn't even exist.

So me started calling her "meemels" and shortened it to "Meems," which, 17 years later, still sticks :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    My daughter is Adeline, but I call her Addie...or Pain in my *kitten* lol!! JK...actually when she is in a "mood" (as is often since she is a hormonal 11-yr old), I refer to the result as her "Addie-tude"
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    My daughter's name is Robyn and my dad has called her Bob since the day she was born. And now the rest of the family does too. lol She is 15 now and we yell out GO BOB at her soccer games. Always makes her smile and shake her head.

I call her babe and toots.
  • snickerpants
    snickerpants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We have Catfish and Admiral Sparkle-Punch. But Catfish is his middle name so that maybe doesn't count. Sparkle-Punch also goes by Wellington P. Bellington - Because you can get a lot of volume when shouting a longer name - it carries across the house and down the stairs.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    (7)Daniel = Levi (middle name)
    (9)Meaghan = Meggie Moo
    (14)Jared = Jar Jar
    (16)Michael = MJ or little Michael
    (18)Devin = Bubba
    (18)Jordan = JD or Gumby
    (19)Jessica = Jess
    (21)Michael = Mike

Most of the time I call the wrong kid the wrong name anyways.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    (7)Daniel = Levi (middle name)
    (9)Meaghan = Meggie Moo
    (14)Jared = Jar Jar
    (16)Michael = MJ or little Michael
    (18)Devin = Bubba
    (18)Jordan = JD or Gumby
    (19)Jessica = Jess
    (21)Michael = Mike

Most of the time I call the wrong kid the wrong name anyways.

Holy crap!! I'd yell "KIDS" and just point out the culprit. You have my deepest respect!!
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    My son's name is Dalton Ray and since he was born my mother-in-law started calling him TOOT... lol He is 2 1/2 and you can ask him what his name is and he will say TOOT! I have recently started calling him 'Bubba Ray' just to aggrevate him, lol
  • MamaGoos
    MamaGoos Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Austin - San Antonio, whippersnapper

Dallas- Peanut, Texas Ranger

Kyle- Boodle, lil' britches, Kiki

Slaton- Scooter, Widget, wee biscuit
  • branflake6
    Options
    well I have nicknames for them but they have nothing to do with their real names

I call Brandon--Nubbin.. have you ever seen the friends episode where Chandler calls his 3rd nipple a nubbin? Well when my son was like 6 he had to get a shot and didn't want to so I told him if he didn't get all his shots he would grow a 3rd nipple called a nubbin, he believed me and really wanted all his shots after that so I call him Nubbin now.

My 15 yr old is Jonathan I call him jan-a-than or potassium, jan-a-than because he hates it, and potassium because ever since he saw
    Borat he sings the Kasackstan national anthem and started telling me I have inferior potassium lol he is my strange child

My 17 yr old Makalah, I call her porkchop or mood swing. Porkchop I really don't know why just started it one day, and mood swing... well she is a teenage girl enough said.

They call me cupcake, Makalah started it when she was like 4 or 5 and they all followed along lol