zumba...

Options
Im going to be doing some zumba classes and ive checked on the database for exercise and it isn't marked on there any idea how i can add it to my exercise chart please?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Im going to be doing some zumba classes and ive checked on the database for exercise and it isn't marked on there any idea how i can add it to my exercise chart please?

I just created my own. I use my Polar HRM for calorie burns and go with that.
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM yet so I add it as dancing. I don't know if it really gives the right amount though. I always feel like I burned more than that. I figure at this point since I'm not eating back my exercise calories that it doesn't matter. My body knows how much I've burned!
  • ladiwulf1983
    Options
    thanks guys, great advise. x
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I took my first zumba class today and had the same question! A MFP friend mentioned www.zumbacalories.com
    It may help if you don't have an HRM.
  • pkdsurvivor12305
    Options
    I have Zumba as one of my cardio things. I do it 3x/wk. I believe one minute of Zumba burns about 9 calories. Here's the link: http://www.ehow.com/about_5368632_many-during-one-hour-zumba_.html