AMAZING shirataki noodle recipe for 176 cals!

Options
Kali112
Kali112 Posts: 87 Member
this is a great recipe for peanut noodles-got it from hungrygirl.com and modified it a bit. it tastes amaaazing and is so quick to make:

1 tbsp peanut butter
1 clove garlic, minced/finely chopped
1 tsp chopped ginger
light soy sauce
shirataki noodles
spring onion to garnish

fry the garlic and ginger in frylite. then add the rest of the ingredients on a low heat plus some water till it makes a sauce consistency. dry fry the noodles to get rid of some of the rubbery texture and mix in all of it together. garnish with chopped spring onions. whole thing came to around 176 calories.

Replies

• dominarrygel
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • estjames
    Options
    Where can you find shirataki noodles?
  • Kali112
    Options
    there is a shopping selling asian food near me...i get them from there...you can buy them online too
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    Our wal-mart sells them next to all the tofu
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    humm how much soy sauce and shirataki noodles do we use?
  • Kali112
    Options
    i used 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 packet of shirataki noodles (for 1 person)
  • jenna_laurelle
    jenna_laurelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    dry fry the noodles....good idea i have bought them a few times but i alway end up picking around the noodles because of the texture..THANKS!
  • mscags1
    mscags1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You may be able to lighten up the recipe even more... Have you ever tried PB2 It only has 45 cals for 2 tbsp
  • jstutz
    jstutz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you don't want or can't get Shiritaki noodles, use zuchinni ribbons instead. It is peeled zuchinni steamed on stove for a few minutes (or zapped) and toss with anything you like, including this peanut butter Thai sauce.

For lunch today, I'm having 7 ounces steamed zuchinni ribbons with tomatoe sauce, garlic, Italian herbs, 1/4 cup FF ricotta and salt & hot pepper flakes. Microwave until nice and warm. I still have 2 zuchinnis left so tomorrow I'll try the Thai sauce with it!
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    AnastasiaMarieA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    YUM! I am making her Shrimporific Egg Rolls tonight and might add this on to give us some more to eat~ Thanks!
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    AnastasiaMarieA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OK I made this last night and it was really good! We just shared a recipe since I laso make eggrolls and it was perfect! Thanks!
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    This sounds great - bump :)