Kinect - Your Shape Fitness Evolved

Options
2»

Replies

• W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Funny enough that's one program I haven't got - yet...

If anyone is interested here's a post I did awhile back on using Kinect with a few programs - most used, favs, intense...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/W0zzie/view/video-games-healthy-living-can-co-exist-136169

I've now got (or rather my lady) Zumba & Dance Central but haven't tried them yet - but bloke or not rest assured I'll give the dancing a shot - being a x Ballroomer showing there...

Have fun to keep fit - win win & keeps it interesting :D
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have this game too. The only thing I don't like is how some of the things throw you in without teaching good form. or really how to do things. This is a bit of an issue with the weighted excercises, boot camp, kick boxing etc.

If you take it slow your first time and worry more about being sure you do it right then getting a good score until you know what your doing you will be fine though!!
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention the calories burned in the game is a joke. It goes more on time then activity level (notice tai chi and yoga burn about as fast as kick boxing... yeah I don't think so) I have a heart rate monitor and go by that instead.
  • elkeb23
    elkeb23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought I hated exercise. But got this game because I didn't want to spend the money on a gym membership and felt comfortable getting started on fitness in my own livingroom!

It was more fun than I thought it would be! I have played it almost every day! I was a certified couch potato and it got me moving! :)
  • liegeygirl
    liegeygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I thought about getting this fitness game too, but didn't know what people thought about it. Since I see that everyone that owns it likes it, I think that and Zumba may be my next purchases for my Kinect. Thanks!!
  • brunettesrule
    Options
    Hi everyone

I bought Your shape Fitness Evolved 2012. I noticed at the store that there are two, one with the main guy punching on the front and the other Your Shape has a girl on the cover. I think I picked the wrong one? I have the one with the guy but the back of the DVD isn't the same as the one I originally wanted.

Is there much difference between the two. I haven't opened it yet for this reason but am dying to get going. Is one more aerobic than the other. I'm not much into the yoga or crunches, I prefer the game workouts like wall breaker.

Would love to hear from people about the games on each DVD ...especially this wall breaker game!

cheers Jane
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The biggest loser ultimate challenge is part of my weekly routine. I love how it switches up my rotine. The calorie count it has me on is kinda low, 1300 hundred. My doc said since i'm not diabetic to stay around 1600. I also play around with just dance3 and do weekly sessions with my friend on her wii ddr. Excited to purchase some new games, although i'm staying clear of zumba for now. I've seen some pretty bad reviews. Good luck!
  • Meiplé
    Options
    i love this game. the jump rope mini game. its kicks butt
    i must say though the dlc workouts are the best
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I bought Your shape Fitness Evolved 2012. I noticed at the store that there are two, one with the main guy punching on the front and the other Your Shape has a girl on the cover. I think I picked the wrong one? I have the one with the guy but the back of the DVD isn't the same as the one I originally wanted.

Is there much difference between the two. I haven't opened it yet for this reason but am dying to get going. Is one more aerobic than the other. I'm not much into the yoga or crunches, I prefer the game workouts like wall breaker.

Would love to hear from people about the games on each DVD ...especially this wall breaker game!

cheers Jane

We got the one with the guy on it. The Wall Breaker is on the one with the guy...you have to be super accurate for it to even read your punch or kick. The game includes things like running, wall breaker, jump rope, and stomp it then some toning and specific toning for areas then it has dancing games (like hip hop, latin, etc); and, finally finishes at the end of it with yoga tai-chi...also has a boot camp one that I haven't tried...kinda scared to lol! I love the game though :) kicks my *kitten* everytime and can barely play for 30 min!