Protein Per Meal

Options
Question about protein....I have been making a protein shake that I actually got from here that's about 60 calories per serving. I'm using it in the morning after my workout as breakfast. I have heard that is too much protein to eat in a setting. Any thoughts of the subject?? I consume a lot more protein then it's suggested on MFP but it's feeling and holds me longer. Plus I'm doing P90X/Insanity and I'm starving if I don't eat it after. Yesterday I didn't have it in the morning and I was soooooo hunger that I felt week. Let me know what you thing.....Thanks

Replies

• leanne4000
    Options
    Everything I read about dieting says to increase protien and decrease carbs, and that it is a good idea to have a high protien breakfast after a workout. It should help repair your muscles after the workout and therefore help build lean muscle. I have protien shakes in the morning and at lunch but I am on a high protien diet at the moment. Also 60 calories is nothing!
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just realized I put 60 calories...I ment 60 grams of protein. It's has about 380 calories but it's almost no carbs. Plus I use it as a meal.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Your body holds onto nutrients much longer than you might think. It'll need that protein eventually.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I feel fuller longer when I eat more protein then just carbs for meals and to keep muscle I heard you want protein. Going over is better then starving and then eating something you shouldn't.
  • realgirl147
    Options
    Everyone's body reacts differently to protein and carbs, if it makes you feel full and you are reaching your goals (i.e. weight loss) than stick with it. If you are stuck then maybe modify and see what helps.
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!