new!1 and would like some friends and help....

Options
hi,
im new to mfp and would love to have some positive friends on here, for inspiration and ideas. i also dont understand why they have given me some many calories a day i always thought it was 1200 per day not 1800 :/

please help...

Replies

• symmone
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also new, would love to help, but this also confusing the sh#y outta me???:huh:
  • pompomslim
    pompomslim Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight, height and how much you have to lose. Ill add you as friend xxx
  • asho024ashton
    Options
    it s really confusing at first but ive been using for a week now and it's getting easier. hang in there cause i think this is going to be a great tool in losing weight.... thanks for the adds xxx
  • KathieSwenson
    Options
    Yes it will get easier. The calories are based on your height weight activity levels . Your body is naturally burning calories however if you are active you are going to burn more calories than you will if you do say a desk job where your sedentary. So it takes what you job activity is in account when it figures your calorie levels. I'm going to request you as a friend. Add me if you like.
  • rebroman
    Options
    I am also new ish and filling all the things out can be a pain. I am no seeing any change :-(
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    Im pretty new as well. Its only my 5th day =) i love it so far. =)
    i could always use new friends too =)
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't know your measurements, but here is post on a similar subject from the other day.

You will probably want to go online and find the calculations for TDEE. TDEE is a maintenance level of calories, it includes the calories needed for the heart to pump, lungs to function etc... Plus it adds in a bit more depending on your activity level and age. Your TDEE will be the Calorie count you will need to stay exactly as your are today. That is the number you use to calculate your calorie deficite. I found the equations and put them into excell. that way when anything changes I can update the numbers and hit enter and it tells me everything. there are different equations for men and women. So plugging in 63 inches and leaving my wife's weight in the cell (170lbs), it says that the TDEE is 1813.7 calories a day to stay the same. This is where the problem arises. Less than 1200 per day is considered a bit unhealthy. So if you don't do any exercise to offset the equation you will only be healthy if your goal is no higher than 1 pound a week. Subtracting 500 cal per day equals 1 pound a week lost, and obviously 1000 is 2 lbs a week but that puts you under the 1200 minimum.

So if you exercise it will burn calories from stores of fat in the body. Since the food in your stomach hasn't been digested yet, the food is not being burned by the exercise. If your daily intake is regulated to your TDEE, then by the time the food is digested it's calories will go straight against your TDEE calories and not back to the fat stores. That is how you are able to "eat back exercise calories" and not keep gaining weight.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    welcome all! if you need friends feel free to add me!!

the cals is based on your height and weight and goals.. try playing with it some and see where you feel satisfied and where you begin losing and you will be good.
  • callm3k3yk3y
    Options
    HI!! You can add me if you like! Im always looking for new friends! We can make progress TOGETHER:)

If anyone else wants to add me feel free
  • Tawanda190
    Tawanda190 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Your calories depend on your height, weight, activites and how many pounds you would like to lose a day. 1200 calories a day is not for everyone, but they reccomend that everyone eat at least 1200 calories a day anything less your body would be starving. This a great tool and it helps you a lot with your success in losing weight.

Tawanda
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    anyone who wants support, you can add me. I'm dedicated to doing this and giving up is not an option. I log in everyday. I won't be a friend that you don't here from. I have a small group and have a number I won't go over so I am able to give good support and attention to my friends. Good luck to all on your weight loss journey. We will do it together, one day at a time :-)
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    anyone who wants support, you can add me. I'm dedicated to doing this and giving up is not an option. I log in everyday. I won't be a friend that you don't here from. I have a small group and have a number I won't go over so I am able to give good support and attention to my friends. Good luck to all on your weight loss journey. We will do it together, one day at a time :-)

oh boy, it's early. I meant to say " I won't be a frient that you don't 'hear' from." :-)