Fit Bit

Options
Yes I know there have been many posts about the fit bit
But I want to tell you how wonder the customer service is

I was gifted my fitbit second hand by a friend in the states = I have no idea its age or anything

well I registered it and all was fine
then on waking one morning it seemed dead and I had apparently walked millions of steps

so I contacted customer service and explained what had happened - all by email
we tried to trouble shoot but to no avail

I was then asked to give them my details when and were purchased etc etc

I explained to them my situation and told them I dont even know my friends real name (wanting to keep safe over internet)
I concluded my message with I would quite understand if they could not help me further but hoped they could

one week later I have a brand new fit bit and they have even upgraded me to fit bit ultra

so if anyone is thinking about getting one I would recommend not just the gadget but the company

it was such a pleasant surprise now off to thank Marina - my contact at fit bit

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i have one and i LOVE it!
  • Tiffm07
    Tiffm07 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My Fit Bit should be arriving today and I am so excited to use it. Been wanting one forever and finally got it!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Deleted
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    You can't really fault customer service for wanting purchase details on a complaint that something doesn't work. You don't know that it hasn't been put through the washer (I've personally put three of them through the washer--I occasionally come home and strip off my clothes and just start up the washer, discovering too late I've forgotten my Fitbit) or how old it is. I've found their customer service great--but I bought mine personally, and new. I've waited more than a year for Fitbit to partner with MFP, as MFP has a great food database and Fitbit provides great tracking. It's even accurate on sleep, in as far as it goes. I have a sleep disorder and wear a brainwave monitor when I sleep, and the wake ups on my Fitbit match the wake ups on my brainwave monitor, though the monitor measures sleep depth as well, and Fitbit just measures asleep or awake. It does so accurately, though.
  • mickn
    mickn Posts: 15
    Options
    Great customer service but a very poor product in general. Its basically a super pedometer it measures being moved around. Which means it measures being moved around when in a car as exercise. Unless you manually edit out all your car journeys it records total rubbish for daily activity and calories burned.

I found customer service very helpful too even to the extent that they told me that this was a known problem for which they currently had no solution for.

Mine went back a week after it arrived luckily I bought it through Amazon and their no quibble returns policy was a real help.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Great customer service but a very poor product in general. Its basically a super pedometer it measures being moved around. Which means it measures being moved around when in a car as exercise. Unless you manually edit out all your car journeys it records total rubbish for daily activity and calories burned.

I found customer service very helpful too even to the extent that they told me that this was a known problem for which they currently had no solution for.

Mine went back a week after it arrived luckily I bought it through Amazon and their no quibble returns policy was a real help.

I took specific note of the steps taken and activity levels before boarding an airplane and driving 30 minutes in my car. After driving and flying, both, I had no activity or steps recorded. I've checked this a few times again with driving and it logs it as sedentary, no steps taken.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

I took specific note of the steps taken and activity levels before boarding an airplane and driving 30 minutes in my car. After driving and flying, both, I had no activity or steps recorded. I've checked this a few times again with driving and it logs it as sedentary, no steps taken.

I have to say i love mine and i think in genral it accurate , except when i'm driving it logged me as having climbed 12 floors! ( its was a 2 hour drive)
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what a fitbit is LOL, but that's definitely great customer service!!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think they are so cool I just wish they weren't so costly
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra. It accurately tracks steps. I've been reading a lot about it tracking car journeys as steps. Mine has not done this. I use to wear a different pedometer prior to the fitbit that I had given to me as a gift from walmart online. It did not track car journeys as steps either.

I love the fitbit and should anything happen to mine, I'll be first in line getting another!