under cals everyday??

Options
does it mater if I'm under calories everyday?? some days it's like 100 but others, like today, I'm about 500 under!!
I have 3 meals a day & snacks & my allowance is 1310 a day before excercise. I've not had 1300 since starting, but does it matter?

Replies

• Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Talk to you doctor about it. My doctor said not to go over 1400 calories a day even with exercise and not to eat less than 1200 a day at that.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have at least 1250 a day because you body will go into starvation mode. Add some juice to get a little more calories
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I"m usually under as well. I try to stick to 1250 cals a day to lose weight.
  • msdiii1
    msdiii1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you eat all of your excercise calories burned or stick to around 1200 calories? It may be that you're not eating enough.
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options
    just looked it up on reports & most days I'm barely hitting 1100 calories & like I said today I've had about 900.
    That's based on my daily allowence before extra's for excersise. my standard allowence is 1310 a day.

I do have 3 meals a day, log all drinks, snacks etc I eat extra fruit as well. I don't want to start adding higher calorie/fat snacks to my meals as that would really defeat the object!!

I feel fine, I'm losing the weight steadily, but I know that seems quite a low calorie intake.

Maybe I don't need to worry. Thanks for all your responses xxxxx:smile:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I would be concerned if you are not eating at least 1200 calories per day. Starvation mode aside, you just cannot get all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals your body needs otherwise. 1200 calories is the minimum a body requires to lose weight. Good luck with it all.
  • ninaellis
    ninaellis Posts: 60
    Options
    Today I added a banana to my breakfast & will add a small jacket potato to my main meal. I added extra salad vegetables at lunch too & will have a couple of pieces of fruit.

Everything I'm eating is fresh, healthy & homemade. I'll try each day to have at least 1200 calories. Just don't want to get back into the habit of eating 'junk' or processed foods.

Thank you to everyone for their comments & advice xxx