Jumping scales

Options
So I own a pair of digital weight watcher scales, I weigh first thing on a morning in the same place (hard surface bathroom floor), I've noticed that the scales read differently depending on where they're placed in the bathroom - anyone else have this?

Also, one or two days a go my scales told me that my weight jumped by albs (on two different electric scales) and today it's back to where it was before the jump. Really not sure what caused this and was a bit disheartening but I'm glad it's gone back to where it was before.

Anyone else had this experience or advice on my scales being different weights on the same bathroom floor?

Replies

• cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not every floor is level and when a floor isn't level it will effect your scale. Moving a scale around a lot can also throw off a scale a little bit. I would recommend you pick just one scale and stick with it. Also, expect some fluctuation in your weight from day to day which is due to many different factors. I weigh myself every day, but I only record my weight once a week (on Mondays). Weighing myself the rest of the week just helps keep me on track and I expect to go up and down a little bit all week.

I also suggest that if you have any hand weights that you weigh 1 before you weigh yourself. I always weigh my 5 lb. weight Mondays before my weigh-in. If it weighs 5.4 lbs., for example, I know to deduct .4 lbs. from my weight.
  • indiebeats
    Options
    Thanks for that advice, will give it a go.

Was mainly disheartened because of the 3lb jump then fall without explanation (same weight on two different scales in same part of bathroom) I guess it's one of the big mysteries of weight loss. At least it didn't go up again and went back down!

Also, what's people's experience of accuracy with the Wii Fit weigh in? It always seems to weigh me higher than none Wii Fit scales...! :S