Solar Belts and Sauna suits??

Options
Sorry if this was posted somewhere already I looked and did not see!:smile:

But I am one of those ole schoolers that say if you ain't sweating, you ain't burning squat! Now my wife, all 108 lbs of her, when she goes through a routine with me she has that rare moment, "Honey, I'm sweating!" LOL so I say great, now you are getting a workout, she never sweats so weird to her. Me I love to wear the Sauna Suit, drink 16 oz. water while working out and sweat like a mad man, do others out there beleive, the more you sweat the more calories you burn, and if that is the case, in a desk job, do you think wearing a solar belt while at your desk through out the day will burn fat/calories while sitting at your desk at work and opinions on the workout suit, Thanks JT
16635797.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sweating only means you're overheating. He body is extremely efficient at cooling itself, therefore doesn't expend a significant amount of energy to do so.
  • jerrytball
    Options
    So I guess that's a no ? LOL Thanks.....guess I'll keep overcooking..
  • AiryM
    AiryM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My body must be ready to burst into flames. Whenever I'm finish a workout, it looks like I just stepped out of the shower. lol!
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    All youre doing is sweating out water weight. Soon as you drink water again, it comes right back. Its dangerous to purposely dehydrate yourself.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    All you're cutting is water weight which comes back as soon as you rehydrate. Great if you're trying to make weight for a boxing match but not good/healthy for long time weight loss.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Actually it's counterintuetive:

Sweating is a passive form of tempurature regulation. Burning calories generates a lot of heat which causes the body the need to cool down, which why it sweats. Sweating by itself does not burn calories, or facilitate the burning of extra calories.

If your body is cold it tries to generate heat. Shivering burns small amounts of energy and generates heat. This is also why you probably have to go to the bathroom more often when you're cold. The body is trying to do anything to move, and thus generate heat.

However, I think it would be more effective to worry about nutrition and exercise than to worry about the small fluctations your bodies tempurature might have on your matabolism.
  • jerrytball
    Options

This is also why you probably have to go to the bathroom more often when you're cold. The body is trying to do anything to move, and thus generate heat.

....I'm glad you made this statement and not me LOL, most think warm water does the trick...LOL sorry turn that cold shower on ,,WATCH OUT LMAO!!!