bowel movements

Options
Has anyone else noticed that they dont go to the loo as often as they used to since cutting their calories? Im not worried as I know that I have cut my calories from probable eating 2500 a day to 1300 so Im not eating so much to produce a lot of 'waste' and i dont feel bloated and am not constipated. Just wondered if others have noticed

Replies

• kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Not at all...But I eat a lot of spinach.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have trouble going but I know after looking at my food diary it is because I don't get enough fiber. I have started trying to eat a fiber one bar each day to give me somewhat of a boost. By the way, I LOVE your profile pic. I have a soft spot for doggys. :)
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    No me. I have become so regular that I use my bm's to set all of the clocks in my house.
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I still have my routine of once a day... I have went from ALOT of calories to 1410... Been trying to lose fat since the end of Oct...
  • lp1991
    lp1991 Posts: 30
    Options
    Mee a was a bit worried but after reading you explination not so much anymore :)
  • athearenee
    Options
    Not at all...But I eat a lot of spinach.
    Yess...this is Key...
    Make sure that the calories you DO eat include "roughage" (greens) and fiber...

As I took baby steps to change my eating habits...I had to substitute for all the bread I used to eat..
    so now I take a fiber capsule and try as I might to eat a 2 high fiber greens a day..

Moving Right Along.... :wink:
  • kater8er
    Options
    Maybe in your diary start tracking fiber? I had to do that initially because I wasn't eating enough of it. But beans, spinach, apple, applesauce, stuff like that should help! Now I've switched from tracking fiber to sat'd fat...
  • athearenee
    Options
    No me. I have become so regular that I use my bm's to set all of the clocks in my house.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I go once a week if I'm lucky but it's not because I've cut calories, if anything I've increased them. My body just doesn't like going, before anyone says I need to increase my fibre, I've been there and tried everything. Just got a naturally slow bowel!
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said try adding fiber to your diet. Leafy green vegetables, oatmeal with flax seed in it, and of course water loosens things up in there!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes I have noticed!!! I use to go 2-3 times a day and now maybe 1-2 a week. I've recently started using an organic detox and it has been helping.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Try ...Physillium ...from local shops and health stores ...2 teaspoons in a glass of water or cordial after dinner ...works wonders !:wink:
  • jsokolow3
    jsokolow3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also be sure to drink plenty of water--it really helps to move everything along! I've been drinking 12 cups per day and it's really helping my weight loss as well as bowel movements.
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have trouble going but I know after looking at my food diary it is because I don't get enough fiber. I have started trying to eat a fiber one bar each day to give me somewhat of a boost. By the way, I LOVE your profile pic. I have a soft spot for doggys. :)

Thankyou, my husband has a dog walking pet care business, so although we have 3 dogs of our own, I get lots of other doggy cuddles

Thanks for the tip.I will monitor my fibre now too.
  • kater8er
    Options
    Be careful w/fiber one and activia and stuff like that. They work for some people but for other people they can be quite unpleasant if you know what I mean. And fiber one makes me bloat. Also if you take an iron supplement, that can slow things down.
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I go once a week if I'm lucky but it's not because I've cut calories, if anything I've increased them. My body just doesn't like going, before anyone says I need to increase my fibre, I've been there and tried everything. Just got a naturally slow bowel!

Yeah I just went thru 2 procedures to find out the SAME thing! I am living off of Miralax, had to even triple & quadruple the dosage no less and trust me I do 20+ fiber EVERY day. But like I said, after going and getting a colonoscopy I found I have gastronitis and a slow colon and must use miralax as well as fiber!!!
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Yeah I just went thru 2 procedures to find out the SAME thing! I am living off of Miralax, had to even triple & quadruple the dosage no less and trust me I do 20+ fiber EVERY day. But like I said, after going and getting a colonoscopy I found I have gastronitis and a slow colon and must use miralax as well as fiber!!!

Yup, I use Dulcolax and sometimes have to take 3 or 4 to get a result. It's so frustrating, I wouldn't mind but I'm bloated all the time! Sounds weird but I envy people that go like clockwork every day!
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just went thru 2 procedures to find out the SAME thing! I am living off of Miralax, had to even triple & quadruple the dosage no less and trust me I do 20+ fiber EVERY day.

Are you saying you eat 20 grams of fiber a day plus the miralax? Or it brings you up to 20 grams? I have my counter set at 40 grams of fiber. I am not having huge issues unless I skip salad and don't drink enough water. I often go over my 40 grams. beans, whole wheat bread, a green apple, etc. I used to go once a week. Now I am going more often and it is softer. (sorry; tmi?) anyway.

If you don't drink enough water, nothing will get pushed through, or it will come through hard. The water also softens everything up. sorry if this is gross; learned the hard way. pun intended. :laugh:
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I go more than I used to (WAY more lol), but that's probably because I completely changed what kinds of foods I'm eating. I almost always go over the recommended amount of fiber you're supposed to eat.

I know you said you aren't concerned, but keep an eye on how much protein you are getting and see to it that you are getting enough. Keeping things moving helps the weight loss process and also prevents certain diseases.

Also, if you're trying to add fiber, I recommend that you do it as naturally as possible since the ingredient "inulin" found in things like Fiber One as well as supplements can cause bloating and discomfort, and I don't know about you, but I'm trying to look and feel smaller--not thinner!

Whole grains, leafy greens, and fruit (especially avocados!) will help. Dairy will make it worse. And for some reason apples are said to "bind" (unlike most other fruits).
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    i go more than i did becuase of the added exercise
    walking really gets u going
    that being said ...i am one of those with a slow bowel:huh:
    i just don't go that often
    i take stool softners everyday and have added metamucil
    don't drink enough water, not that i am drinking anything else... i am just not a drinker:bigsmile: