Motivation Needed... Plsssss~~~

Options
Hiya

I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, lost 1.1 Kg :bigsmile: but now I'm sliding back same as before...

I need some motivated friends to support and help me please~~~

THX!!!

Replies

• NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you like. We all need support and encouragement. One thing I do is look at the success stories EVERY morning. It keeps me motivated throughout the day. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! you are worth it.
  • sportsrn1
    sportsrn1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't stop!!!! One day at a time. Celebrate the small victories. I have been trying to lose weight since I was a little girl. I'm 32, a nurse, and I finally have figured out what I have been doing wrong.......GIVING UP. I would go strong for about 3-4 weeks, and then "reward myself", and get back off track. Gain the weight back I lost, and start all over again. Don't think about the overall goal, think about your daily goal. Another thing I did that somewhat defeated myself, I looked at pictures of super models for inspiration. Bad idea, for me. One thing that was helpful was looking at before and after pictures of real people. It's inspiring to me. This can be done....You can do it! One more thing, don't pay attention to medias idea of beauty, it has ruined a lot of women. Focus on being the BEST you, focus on being healthy.........Good luck!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    "You’ve only got three choices in life — give up, give in, or give it all you’ve got."

Make your choice, motivation has to come from within. Are you ready for a change, then put those feet in front of each other one by one and give it all you got!
  • poohbear1971
    Options
    You can add me!!! I am new to MFP also but I start my morning out on this site reading all the postive results and comments and encouragement from all my friends I am making. It really makes a difference for me. It helps me stay motivated. I have been a soda lover for as long as I can remember and now with the encouragement of my new friends on here I have been soda free for 8 days!!!! This is the longest I have ever gone without soda. I would be glad to help give you some encouragement and help along the way as well. :-)
  • Kate3873
    Options
    You can do this! Think about how great you feel when you are doing it! That is what keeps me going - finding support as you are is the best thing to do! With the encouragement of others in the same boat as you is huge! Keep it going - you can do this and you deserve the best!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Stay vigilent because it is so easy to slide back into unhealthy habits - it takes 3-5 weeks to make a new habit, so just keep plugging away. I find daily affirmations about why you're doing this tends to help alot! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LisaV74
    Options
    You can be my diet buddy... Im struggling with my binge eating!!! Its like i never stop!! Help
  • DianeAuger
    Options
    Don't give up! I went on my first diet when I was 9 months old and I'm 56 now so it's been a battle all of my life. Today is a new day so give it all you have today! Don't be afraid to work out hard-I've used the Biggest Loser tapes and books for the bulk of my weight loss. I couldn't do 20 minutes of their videos but eventually you work up to be able to do more and more. As a wise fish once said" Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!! you will get there.
  • Desperate12
    Options
    Hi!, I'm desperate12...I totally understand you!!! I'm trying really hard to gain back my motivation. Weekends are my problem. I say I try to stay within my calorie count, but I am trying to look at the bites, licks, and taste:laugh:

I will agree that the only thing we can do is continue!!!! DO NOT GIVE UP!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Hi!, I'm desperate12...I totally understand you!!! I'm trying really hard to gain back my motivation. Weekends are my problem. I say I try to stay within my calorie count, but I am trying to look at the bites, licks, and taste:laugh:

Weekends are the worst! At least during the week, I'm too busy to go off plan!

Let's rock this!
  • lmdb910
    Options

Weekends are the worst! At least during the week, I'm too busy to go off plan!

Let's rock this!

What is it about the weekends? I'm the SAME WAY!!!