Quick Morning Rituals

Options
Hi,

I've started grabbing a handful of nuts in the morning on my way to work, because I tend to run out of time getting ready in the morning (think: Wall-E waking up in the morning). :-)

This actually helps me not feel like I'm starving, and saves me from preparing a meal before I leave, when I'm running late. I typically like to make something with more substance, when I have the time...

What do YOU do to eat quick and healthy when you're running low on time? Have any great ideas or funny stories?

...Just curious :flowerforyou:

Replies

• REDGIA
    REDGIA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I gho for a peanut butter n jelly sandwich on whole wheat. Packs protein, & sweets. I used natural peanut butter. Make sure u use proper portions tho!
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nuts or a fiber one bar and an apple. Less healthy but coffee always!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    A protein bar! I have them out in a basket in my kitchen so they are quick to grab on the way out the door. I get specialized ones from my doctor's office, but I hear the special K ones are pretty good (my BF tried them) and the luna protein bars are pretty good.
  • pittsburg16
    Options
    :drinker: iced coffee holds me over, but it catches up with me......and I am hungry...:drinker: water.....any hints you have please share...
  • myfourcats
    myfourcats Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will also grab like a planters nutritonal energy bar (dont know what is wrong with my spelling today!!LOL) It tastes really good, but also makes me want to drink water!!! so I get both in, and the water will also give you a full filling! good luck:happy:
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I keep meal replacement shakes or meal replacement bars on hand. I dont like to rely on those, but in a pinch they are better than going thru the drive-thru! lol Most of the ones I get have between 200-300 cals, 4-5g of fiber and about 10g of protein. If Im really hungary I will throw in a small banana.