The only difference between a clean or dirty food is

Options
how much of it you eat.

By this I mean, there are almost no foods that cannot to fit into an overall healthy diet, depending on the amount you consume. We need to get away from labeling foods as "dirty" or "unhealthy" and start looking at the context of the overall diet.

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    agreed!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yes!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    But you do agree HFCS is bad.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Thank you!

There are so many ingredients that are bad and can force a food to be labeled as crap food. But if you are enjoying something now and then and eating a well balanced diet on a daily basis...I don't feel it's a huge deal.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    Not neccessarily, context and dosage is needed for any food to be deemed good or bad. Man made trans fats would be the only food I would say should be avoided.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    5 second rule?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

No. The only studies that show they have any negative effect are when you feed it to rats by the truckload.

So, unless you're a rat, eating it by the truckload, you're fine.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

From what I have read your body treats it just like any other sugar.. and in moderation its no more harmful than anything else.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    5 second rule?

When the 5-second window of opportunity is missed, the 10-second rule kicks in.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    how much of it you eat.

By this I mean, there are almost no foods that cannot to fit into an overall healthy diet, depending on the amount you consume. We need to get away from labeling foods as "dirty" or "unhealthy" and start looking at the context of the overall diet.

^ SO MUCH THIS.
    Not neccessarily, context and dosage is needed for any food to be deemed good or bad. Man made trans fats would be the only food I would say should be avoided.

^ And this too.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

No. The only studies that show they have any negative effect are when you feed it to rats by the truckload.

I love those studies.. when test rats where given the substance at 10 times their body weight this happened.. so it can cause cancer.. yeah anything in a high enough dosage is for you.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    5 second rule?

Always applies unless you are in my office... and if you really want to follow that rule more power to you but I personally wouldn't eat it... lol
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Unless it's the Dominos pizza I used to order lol
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options

I'm screwed =/

No really... THANK YOU for this post. I have always gotten so irritated when some "clean eater" (if that's what you do-good for you, but leave me the hell alone about it, ok?!) bashes my food choices. Really?? I've lost 30ish lbs (gained some back when hubby came home from deployment), my blood pressure is fine, my heart is fine, i'm not diabetic, I'm really effing healthy actually... so if I want to walk into the grocery store and pick up some kraft uber processed fake orange powdered cheese flavored pasta and eat it with my dinner-then I will and I'd thank everyone kindly to just STFU about it already!!!!!!!

whew! that felt good!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Standing by for the usual comments by the sancti-fit and their friends, the nutri-nazis. In 5...4...3....2....
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    Most of us got on MFP because we had discipline problems and addictions to those "bad" foods. However, it is good to see so many of us beating our addictions (and emotional eaters like myself). In summation, I agree with you!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I think i may have been before MFP....
  • katcj
    katcj Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5 second rule?

When the 5-second window of opportunity is missed, the 10-second rule kicks in.

Definitely this ^^^ :wink:
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!!!