No Period?

Options
So I started this Jan 3rd, (my 3rd shot at MFP). Although I've lost 13 lbs (can't go back and change my beginning weight), I yet to get my period.

I should have had to two weeks ago. I'm on birth control, and have been on the same kind for a while so I shouldn't be pregnant, and I've been before so I know what I feel like in the beginning.

I'm consistantly eating 1200 calories, and eat back my exercise calories (usually between 0-40 calories under). Should I be worried?!

I'm going to talk to my Dr at my physical next month.

Replies

• mebemini2012
    Options
    Depends on your body fat. If you have to little your periods will stop. I've seen it in friends who are gymnists and hve little to no body fat.
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Do you have PCOS? I am on the pill for that (have been for like 9 years). It causes irregular cycles.

Back in November mine was almost non-exsistent, as well as in December. I've been on the pill religously and with that my cycle is always right on. January it was back to normal. I asked my doctor about it. She said that it's normal when on the pill. So it could just be your pill.

Also, stress can cause a big delay in your cycle. So if you have been really stressed lately, that could be a reason.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    While it can happen...it might ease your mind to just take a test to be sure:)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Or your birth control failed and you are pregnant and you do not feel the same as last time because not all pregnancies go the same way... just sayin'
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    About 9 months ago I started a new pill, Loestrin 24fe. My last period was in October, I have taken preg. test, and all negative, it is something with the pill I am on, were it can totally stop your period. Honestly I feel great without it as well! I had very bad mood swings, PMDD style, also I would always get horriable leg cramps. My NP thought this would be the best for me with how my periods were, and everyhting I had going on, and I love it!

Keep us updated.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    So I started this Jan 3rd, (my 3rd shot at MFP). Although I've lost 13 lbs (can't go back and change my beginning weight), I yet to get my period.

I should have had to two weeks ago. I'm on birth control, and have been on the same kind for a while so I shouldn't be pregnant, and I've been before so I know what I feel like in the beginning.

I'm consistantly eating 1200 calories, and eat back my exercise calories (usually between 0-40 calories under). Should I be worried?!

I'm going to talk to my Dr at my physical next month.
    i'd take at home test and if it's negative, i'd bump up my calories.
    not eating enough (or eating too much) messes with your hormones.

edit: how many pounds a week do you have MFP set to?
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yup, OCPs (oral contraceptive pills) are not 100%. Maybe wait another week and if your period is still late I highly recommend making your Doctor's appt a little earlier. :)
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Definitely ask your doctor. It could be that your cycle has been put off balance by your new workout/eating system. It might take a little while to realign, but to be sure ask your doc. Good luck :D
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What kind of birth control? Some are more likely to stop periods some are more likely to fail etc.

I would start by taking a test. They have them at the $store and they are cheap and reliable.
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'de be taking a test if I was you. BC isn't 100% and if you were late or forgot to take a pill or two there's an even higher chance you could be pg.