Hi I'm new

Options
Hello out there. What a great site this is. I began my journey last February, and have managed to lose 45 lbs in 13 months. It has been slow tedious and mentally taxing time for me. I would love to wake up skinny and beautiful tomorrow morning, but I can see that will not happen. So I have decided to endure the process of weight loss for my whole life instead of overnight.lol
I currently weigh 307 and started at 348 last February. This is my life now that I have come out of denial and begun to be accountable to myself and my children.

Soncerely,

Donnaleah

Replies

• donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    Hello out there. What a great site this is. I began my journey last February, and have managed to lose 45 lbs in 13 months. It has been slow tedious and mentally taxing time for me. I would love to wake up skinny and beautiful tomorrow morning, but I can see that will not happen. So I have decided to endure the process of weight loss for my whole life instead of overnight.lol
    I currently weigh 307 and started at 348 last February. This is my life now that I have come out of denial and begun to be accountable to myself and my children.

Soncerely,

Donnaleah
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    Hello!!
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    HI, and welcome! (crystalic, that puppy is ADORABLE!) you are going to love it here, and congrats on your accomplishments so far, I know you will make it to your goal!
  • Rawbrat
    Rawbrat Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello-

I totally understand where you are coming from. Since I have started myfitnesspal I have lost 13lbs just by being accountable to putting in the food I eat. It makes you understand and realize what foods out there are horrible in calories and carbs and what aren't lol!! I started out at 303lbs so I am excited. Keep up the good work and if you ever need help or to unload your feelings I will listen and help ya when I can. :smile:
  • Clover51
    Clover51 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey there. I just started today. I was previously using another site but got bored with it because it wasnt very easy to get around it. I think I will really enjoy this site. I am currently 170 and I am working toward my goal of 135. I am a stay at home mom and I have a 2, 1, and 7 month old boys so I keep pretty busy. My problem is snacking. I cant seem to stop! It is really hard for me b/c I am at home all day and in the Kitchen cooking/cleaning a big part of the day. If anyone is in a similar situation or just wants to keep in touch with someone...I am here. Have a great day and Good Luck to All!:flowerforyou:

Stacy
  • wildcatmom2u
    Options
    Hello,

It appears that we are all feeling the same emotions and struggles. That is why I have come to love this site (I started March 11, 2008).
    I have gotten some really good advice and help. The worst advice I have gotten is cheat day. Had mine yesterday and gained 6 of the 8 pounds I lost. But I am going to attribute it to the fact that I didn't go and work out.

Good luck with your continued success at weight loss. I myself would also like to wake up skinny one day. But have decided that the skinny angels are protecting someone else and I have to wait my turn.
  • bellastella86
    bellastella86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "I have gotten some really good advice and help. The worst advice I have gotten is cheat day. Had mine yesterday and gained 6 of the 8 pounds I lost. But I am going to attribute it to the fact that I didn't go and work out. "

Wildcatmom2u-

If you had a ton of salty foods on your cheat day you may have retained lots of water. Give yourself a day or two then reweigh. Hopefully it's mostly water weight that you gained and it'll disappear! Also, make sure you work out on your cheat days so that your still buring some of the extra yumminess. Easier said than done, don't I know!
  • donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    Something I noticed helps with the snacking is eating high fiber meals all the time. It takes time to get to know what to eat but this site helps out and lists your fiber daily too. You should try to aim for at least 30 grams per day

Good luck to you too
    donnaleah
  • donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    Forgot to ask but does anyone know what you should aim for with sodium??? I know it affects us a great deal but never really thought to lower it as well as all the other good stuff! All for the good of our health yada yada yada.

Donnaleah:happy: