Fast Food withdrawls anybody ?

Options
Ok so I have not had fast food for over a month now, and it hasn't bothered me till now ? What the heck !!??!? Lol I mean I know how I feel after I eat it..I know all to well what it does to a person's waist line !! So why am I just now wanting it after this long ? I am fighting the temptation..and have been sucessful, but it is still hard. I want Wendy's so bad I can taste it..lol Anyone else go through this ? And if so what helped ?

Replies

• Hermia76
    Options
    My advice would be to have it,and I mean try to have it within your MFP allowance as far as possible. I don't know how you are as a person but I would be concerned that if you don't have a bit you will make it into this big deal and crave it even more.

That said, you could be the sort of person who, once you taste it will just want it even more. You know yourself.

Just don't make it into some sort of demon to be fought. If you want it, have it and get back to your healthy eating and exercise.

Hope this helps.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to have it,and I mean try to have it within your MFP allowance as far as possible. I don't know how you are as a person but I would be concerned that if you don't have a bit you will make it into this big deal and crave it even more.

That said, you could be the sort of person who, once you taste it will just want it even more. You know yourself.

Just don't make it into some sort of demon to be fought. If you want it, have it and get back to your healthy eating and exercise.

Hope this helps.

I agree. This is a lifestyle not some kind of diet.
  • cadams0715
    Options
    I'm on my third week of dieting and my first week was really hard. I didn't realize how much fast food I ate until I stopped having it. The only fast food I have now is Subway. When I crave it really bad I eat something that is bad within my calorie range. like a lean cuisine pizza. One day I didn't care and I just wanted fast food and I told my husband and he very supportively told me to go to the gym instead (he was very brave because I was very upset) and after my workout I didn't crave junk food and felt very proud of myself. I personally will try to just stick to Subway if I need fast food, because I know myself. I will not get a small portion at a drive in, and I will go way out of my calorie limits. Maybe after a few months of eating right I will have the self control to eat a small portion.
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What's worked for me is changing my mindset about my "cheat days"... instead of the giant burger and a mountain of fries, the small burger (now I even hold the cheese and mayo) and maybe small fries or a baked potato. Tacos and burritos were what I missed most to start with, but Taco Bell does a respectable job for a fast food chain of giving some not-terrible options. Men's Health does this "Eat This Not That" that shows some of the trade-offs you can make too.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I would have some just make yourself get a small meal.. like from the kids menu
  • MandeeSue
    Options

Hope this helps.

I agree. This is a lifestyle not some kind of diet.

Yeah I know its a lifestyle change, but it seems to me that if I have it once...I want it all them time ! That is what I always done with Mt.Dew and Pepsi..so I now I just don't have them at all cause it starts a chain reaction. So if I'm somewhere I know Im going to drink pop I stick with something that I never really cared for..and I am content. The bad thing is I am craving a big ol greasy hamburger or Spicy Chicken..and Im just scared that I will set off the style of eating I done once before :\ I'm not sure what to do..lol Maybe I'll just eat a pickle..I like those :)
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten any Fast Food in about 8 months, and I find that I really don't want it, but I believe you can have it every once in a while, just not too often.

5955717.png
  • ChicoKass2010
    ChicoKass2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    this is the mistake many make. So you're not going to ever eat fast food again? You want it, eat it, just keep it within your calorie and fat range. I have not given up any food in its entirety. This is supposed to be a new lifestyle not a bunch of restrictions. In moderation, ifyou used to eat fast food everyday, once a week is a new lifestyle.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be shredded for this, but...

Don't give in to the temptation. That's the bottom line. I haven't had any Fast Food since Oct 31st, 2011. I still crave it, but I don't give in. I don't have any good replacements or anything, I just do not allow myself to go through that line, and order that stuff.

Good luck to you, in whatever you decide to do.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I actually felt that way ... decided to reward myself (but stay within my calories) .. had a fish filet and small fries ... HUGE MISTAKE ... this tore my stomach up ... i no longer crave fast food of any sort. My body prefers healthy food and I do not need it to punish me again to get the message. However, if I am ever constipated, the fish filet is a treatment option...
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Then have it as long as you stay within your calories...just like everyone else has said. But don't go nuts. Don't skip meals in order to have it...Work your heart out and burn the calories to earn it.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nope, I allow fast food once a week to keep me from suffering major withdrawals and going on a major binge. But every now and then I allow myself a little extra indulgence just for the fun of it. Don't deprive, moderate!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bobby, and I am a fast food addict:cry:

HI BOBBY!

OK, seriously now...
    Sure, I get it.
    And I love my fast foods - so fabulous tasting. I limit my trips to 3 times per week, and I am OK with that.
    Some say give it up!

NEVER!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Don't give in to the temptation. That's the bottom line. I haven't had any Fast Food since Oct 31st, 2011. I still crave it, but I don't give in. I don't have any good replacements or anything, I just do not allow myself to go through that line, and order that stuff.

You aren't the only one who feels this way. Not everyone is good with "everything in moderation". Sometimes its just easier to stay on track and not give in to the things that you know are are bad for you (or will be the slippery slope back to old habits).
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i sure dont but when i have had any fast food it always make me sick now "/
  • Kristena2009
    Kristena2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What I've done is eaten a turkey sandwich or something filling but low on calories at home ....then your not super hungry when you go out to eat. You could eat a small meal at home, wait a while, and then go get a small fry or kids meal. That way your calorie intake is still lower than if you would have had a normal size meal out and you got the taste of it last and still were satisfied. :)
  • MandeeSue
    Options
    I have cheat days and do well with "control" I even had pizza the other night and limited myself to a few pieces and had a salad with it..But I just think if I eat the real deal so to speak then I will hurt myself more then helping. But everyone has great advice, all different but great advice..thanks guys !!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAMN DAY!
  • ahersh00
    Options

I think I agree with this most. I know a lot of people want to rant that moderation is key... and I've done a lot of thinking about this, but I just don't really see that Wendy's is ever an appropriate meal. Think about how disgusting it is with it's greasiness and STAY AWAY!!!
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i eat what I want (within reason)... I love chili cheese burritos (and Taco Bell is disgusting I know)... But I eat one about once a month. No biggie to me & it doesn't slow down my weight loss.