Diet Fail!

Options
I need to vent.

I have a big history of lying to myself about food. I am a caterer so I work around amazing food all day long. We have our own kitchen and bakery which means I have French pastry chefs coming up to me all day saying things like " I just made the most amazing new truffle recipe you need to try it" or "what do you think of this new beurre blanc (white butter) sauce". I would end up picking all day and I have a sneaking suspicion that is where the extra weight came from. Anyway, to get to my point, I have actually been doing really well but last night everything went top hell. I went to an industry event had 1 cocktail, 2 glasses of whine, a pear and goat cheese salad, petite filet and crab cake and part of a chocolate espresso opera terrine. To make matters worse when I came home I had a pumpkin whoopie pie and shared a mini bag of potato chips with my husband.

My real reason for posting this is because I feel like I am doing the food walk of shame and I want to be held accountable for everything I eat. I don't want to be able to break like this and pretend it never happened. Now, on to make today a better day.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• laurabell86
    laurabell86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everybody has those days. I think the key is not to get too down on yourself and just start fresh tomorrow. Too many people have a bad day and then just quit all together so be confident! Today is a new day! Good Luck!!
  • Jdplank
    Jdplank Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can't dwell on bad days. This is a war to become healthy. Yesterday you lost one battle but you can still win the war if you just treat every day like a new day to do better and become healthy. You are doing great just keep your head up and move on. Having 1 off day every now and then wont kill you or make you gain anything over time. You have made the best decision just by deciding to make a change. NEW DAY, NEW OPPORTUNITY!!
  • mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Guilty. Sushi is my vice!

The nice thing about MFP is that the next day is a new day. If your train derails, just put it back on the track. You won't be perfect every day.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    It's good to vent sometimes! New day New Start!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about MFP is that the next day is a new day. If your train derails, just put it back on the track. You won't be perfect every day.

it done i would still log it then forget it and move on!

good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Progress, not perfection! :-)

Those days dont' bother me as much as the weeks where I am totally on my goals for excercise and calories and I gain. I just want to throw the scale off the balcony.

Hang in there...it's worth it.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    holy mother of god that dinner sounded good LOL
    no biggie, new day, new cals to meet, new goals to set! you got this
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Don't pretend it never happened. Acknowledge that it did and that tomorrow's a new day. :flowerforyou:
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I cheated big time on Super Bowl sunday. I was up 6 lbs in water weight by Monday. However I ate very light yesterday and worked out extra hard to make up for it. I'm down 4 lbs of water weight today, but don't know how much actual fat I gained on Sunday. I think having that productive next day helps to move on from it.
  • ericagoms
    Options
    We all have those days! :0) It was a cheat day! Maybe do an extra workout. It takes time to make eating well and counting calories a habit. I eat so bad myself I have a mack daddy sweet tooth! Keep up the good work! :0)
  • bean4max
    Options
    Every now and again we DO fall off the wagon/derail, but it's LIFE, and sometime life is ridiculously delicious! lol
    You got to enjoy a fabulous evening. It was probably totally worth it.
    When I would fall off the wagon during my WL attempt several yeas ago, my friend would always tell me.
    One night of delicious indulgence didn't get you fat, everyday indulgence did.
    Enjoy it, move on, hold yourself accountable and work to make today and the day after that and the day after that awesome. :happy:
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ususally when I indulge I try to ask myself the question "Is this worth the calories?" Your night sounds like it totally was. I, on the other hand, drank a bottle of wine and almost a whole box of Alphabet cereal. So not worth it. But worth it or not it's a new day. No matter how gross my stomach feels.
  • rcultrona
    Options
    Whats worse is the day after the binge you are SOOOO hungry. Its like your body goes "junk food?! I remember junk food! Where have you been? Forget small portions and lighter meal I want Dorrito's and I want them NOW!"
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    even thin people eat 'bad' foods! the difference being that they don't do it all the time! and neither are you!

never beat yourself up as it's pointless, just start again the next day.