UK based MFP's - 306cal lunch/dinner

Options
eeebee
eeebee Posts: 471 Member
Today I tried Waitrose's new low cal, low fat range:

Love Life, You Count.... (I'm sure some of you have seen the inappropriate window display placement photo circulating the www, quite funny).

Anyway let me tell you that the Lasagne is absolutely great and I would highly recommend it to all of you (non-vegetarians).

306 Cals, 6.5g Fat & 1.4g Salt.

That must have been the best ready-made meals (of any variety out there – full fat or low fat, and I dont eat them too regularly, mainly just as occasional easy hot lunches at work) I have ever eaten in my entire life, absolutely delicious.

I can’t believe it only has 306 cals in it, it tastes completely indulgent and got lots of meat and sauce in it and is really filling (how could it not be, it’s 400g!)

I think I might even start buying other products from their range for my lunches, if this is anything to go by.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-160929-Waitrose+LLYC+lasagne

Replies

• Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, i have just been on there website, they have quiet a bit in that range!! :happy:
  • eeebee
    Options
    Definitely worth trying - beats all ready meals hands down. Not that I eat that many, because they are usually not very nice...
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I love lasagna and miss it so much!! Thanks for the shout out lady! xxx
  • michbaden
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, this sounds great!
    I need something new for work lunches, soup is getting a little boring...
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I go past a Waitrose every day on my way home from work... will have to check this out! Had seen all the signs up (lol) but didn't know what it was about.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The other day I had an amazing meal from M&S perfect for lunches..

Tuna and mixed bean salad 355 cals

It came with new potatos and a tomato based sauce too and kept me full for ages!
  • eeebee
    Options
    Sounds great, will give it a go one of these days.

Soups from Waitrose cost around £2.50 anyway so £1.90 or whatever it is for a great lasagne is amazing...that's the introductory price and it;ll go up to £2.17 soon but that's still not too bad....