Beiing Human (UK)

Options
AtticusFinch
AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
Omg they killed George - *kitten* !! :laugh: and Nina - double *kitten* !

Just caught up on iPlayer - great script from Toby Whitehouse, hope the syndicated writers play well with the ball too

tumblr_l4lqbpTKhn1qzjcdeo1_500.jpg

:drinker:

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Love it, one of my favourite TV Series! Like the title says, it's all about being human, and the supernatural is just incidental. I haven't seen the first episode of the new series yet but probably will tonight - bloody BBC was spoiltastic this morning, grrr!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I just started watching this on Netflix.

Not sure what to think about it....does it get better with time?
  • AtticusFinch
    Options
    Yanicka:
    I just started watching this on Netflix.

Not sure what to think about it....does it get better with time?

Definitely, but there's a US version of the show too.

For best results watch the UK version from Series 1 (can't comment on the US one but it's derivative). It's very British - Toby Whitehouse, originator and writer, also writes for Dr Who on occasion
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I love it! Have watched it from the start in protest at all the American vampire stuff that was saturating the market and fell in love with them all :love: :love: :love: .... even the baddies, hehehe! :blushing:
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen it at all [and didn't know it was a television show--just presumed it was]...but you should probably have mentioned "Spoiler Alert" in the topic title.

It's not exactly posting a movie review for Titanic...
    -wtk
  • Robrowald
    Robrowald Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like both the UK and US version. Both have their merits.
  • Pir8Rav
    Pir8Rav Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ive watched the few seasons of the UK version and think its brilliant.

I have seen a bit of seen the US version yet - high production value but it seems like UK-lite version, all flashy and less substance.

Other great show worth digging from beyond the pond: .......Misfits (think UK Heroes)

and of course - Doctor Who

R
  • AtticusFinch
    Options
    Haven't seen it at all [and didn't know it was a television show--just presumed it was]...but you should probably have mentioned "Spoiler Alert" in the topic title.

It's not exactly posting a movie review for Titanic...
    -wtk

Probably - didn't think about the time delay to the US, but it's an open secret really.
  • AtticusFinch
    Options
    I like both the UK and US version. Both have their merits.

You are no doubt correct, but I haven't seen the US version at all. I know that whereas we tend to make a series with 6 or 8 or 12 episodes, a US season consists of 20 or more episodes usually - which means of course relationships have to be stretched and twisted more during the run.

If you have crack writers that sort of momentum can be sustained, but it's a hard trick to pull off and lots of US shows, though good, falter in that respect.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Watched it last night. Poor George :cry:

I'm not sure about the new threesome - I fear change.

Not liking the vampire world domination plan or the future sub-plot, it's moving it form the "extraordinary in the everyday", which is what I loved about it, into standard fantasy fare.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Watched it last night. Poor George :cry:

I'm not sure about the new threesome - I fear change.

Not liking the vampire world domination plan or the future sub-plot, it's moving it form the "extraordinary in the everyday", which is what I loved about it, into standard fantasy fare.

I agree about the future sub-plot, it felt a bit 'Terminator' to me...
  • AtticusFinch
    Options
    'Terminator' storyline - true. Hope they keep it domestic and funny.
  • AtticusFinch
    Options
    Episode 2 this week from me - 6 out of 10 and a 'could do better'. (Liked the Werewolf-Ghost love story aspect though)