Help me replace cheese, please!

Options
Currently my absolute favourite snack is half a mozzerella ball (153cals). However, I should really be looking at getting my % fat down and my % protein up, so can anyone suggest a replacement which is a similiar about of calories (and doesn't require much, if any, prep work) but lower fat and higher protein?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese or swiss cheese? You coulc enter different kinds of cheese in your foods and see what it does to your numbers. If you want a substitution for cheese that has protein you could try bean dips or nuts. The fat in nuts is good fat.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What is your approximate fat intake in grams at the end of the day?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    who would get rid of cheese??

laughing cow is pretty awesome for cooking though, or just spreading on a cracker. string cheese or those mini baybel's for just snackytime.
  • xlibbyx
    xlibbyx Posts: 5 Member
    Options

According to my Fitbit report my average last week was 69g of fat per day. 38% of my calories were from fat (recommend 20-35%) and 14% from protein (recommended 10-35%).
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

According to my Fitbit report my average last week was 69g of fat per day. 38% of my calories were from fat (recommend 20-35%) and 14% from protein (recommended 10-35%).

I don't think your fat intake is too high but I do think your protein intake is too low. So in that regard you should up your protein intake and the calories have to come from somewhere. I wouldn't reduce fat below about .4-.5g/lb bodyweight as dietary fat is quite healthy. You might want to consider getting additional protein by reducing carb intake or at the very least, a mix of carb and fat intake so that you don't have to cut fat down too far.
  • BriannaLA
    Options
    Laughing cow is amazing, as a snack, or added to your favorite meal. Also I have found that the reduced fat string cheese is really good, and it pulls apart well! Don't cut cheese out of your new lifestyle it is amazing!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Babybel light, 40 calories.... Cheestrings, 66calories...
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have switched over to veggie cheese slices.

http://www.galaxyfoods.com/galaxy-products/soy-cheese/veggie/
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Behold the power of cheese! Mozz is actually one of the lower fat cheeses, at least as compared to cheddar and other yellow cheeses and soooo good. Why would you want to cut the cheese?.....(yes the pun was totally intended)
  • dngortegae
    dngortegae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I love cheese and I eat cheese with one, if not two meals a day, and sometimes as a snack food. So I appreciate any help with this one, thanks for posting!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I crave cheese on everything. I now spread a piece of Laughing cown on my sandwiches, wraps, ricecakes and omeletts. It's 35 calories for the light. I also use 70 calorie per 1/4 c. greek feta if I really want the texture.
  • sneddol
    sneddol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soy cheese products have really improved. cheddar, american and pepperjack slices. It helped me kick the cheese addiction.
  • cinasana
    Options
    Daiya Dairy Free Cheese :)