Take water with you, Good luck! Hope you find some shade along the way
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I hope you're hydrated! I wish I could go for a run now :cry:
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! I cannot wait until the day I will be saying the same thing!! Not anytime soon :laugh: but I'm working on it! Oh and I saw your profile that you are 6'11 and I just wanted to say that is so HOT!!! I love tall guys!! :love: haha
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    don't die on us... us MFP men are a fading minority around this site.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good luck sir, it is brutal outside my apartment here in Houston.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am sweating just thinking about that!!

I picked some strawberries today..........how many cals do you think I burned??? :tongue: :laugh:

I am hitting the gym tomorrow though!!!! :glasses:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the truth!! :ohwell:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ugh, running in texas is TOUGH!
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Be safe and stay hydrated!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    ok so maybe I didn't run the whole thing but I did go the full 4! My right knee is bad from basketball so it makes running on concrete tough. I ran most of the first two and walked/ran the last 2. This is the first time I have run outdoors in two years so I forgot how tough it is. Sorta pissed at myself for letting me get this way but gives me more motivation to lose weight. now i need water! thx for the support.
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    I know what you mean I played sports all my life then had knee surgery and a couple of kids and life itself gets the best of you, but you know what we are now doing what we are supose to and getting fit and healthy. I ran inside for a couple of months then hit the trail and it was hard but little by little I am almost at the full 3 mile run. You'll do it don't be so hard on yourself!!:smile:
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Amen, we gotta stick together!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I bow to you!! :laugh: :laugh: I live in the Texas heat so I know exactly how hot it is today!
    I hope your run was awesome!!! Rehydrate like a crazy person!! :happy:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Can you run on an outdoor track at a local high school?? You will be protecting your knees but still running. I worry though...why did you go all at with 4 miles?? Are you running inside on a treadmill? You are going to def get an injury if you go all gung ho in the beginning. I would start with 2 and work up slowly from there.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Can you run on an outdoor track at a local high school?? You will be protecting your knees but still running. I worry though...why did you go all at with 4 miles?? Are you running inside on a treadmill? You are going to def get an injury if you go all gung ho in the beginning. I would start with 2 and work up slowly from there.

I've been doing spinning classes, recumbant bike, elliptical and weights for the past 3 weeks about 5-6 times a week for an hour and a half each day so I'm back in it. Just wanted to push myself a little bit more :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I've been doing spinning classes, recumbant bike, elliptical and weights for the past 3 weeks about 5-6 times a week for an hour and a half each day so I'm back in it. Just wanted to push myself a little bit more :smile:

Plus, you're 6'-11" so you really only need to take a few long strides & call it a mile. :wink: :laugh:

Seriously, though! Good for you! That's great for just getting out again! Keep up the great work! :drinker:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ok so maybe I didn't run the whole thing but I did go the full 4! My right knee is bad from basketball so it makes running on concrete tough. I ran most of the first two and walked/ran the last 2. This is the first time I have run outdoors in two years so I forgot how tough it is. Sorta pissed at myself for letting me get this way but gives me more motivation to lose weight. now i need water! thx for the support.

running outside is tough, especially when you're used to running inside. There are so many differnt variables such as wind, hills, ground, that make it so difficult
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Don't overdue it or you'll end up injured - 2 miles was probably a lot to start with - great job! You'll build back up to the full 4 in no time.

I agree outside is WAY harder than on the treadmill or even on the track.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

Amen, we gotta stick together!

The certainly aren't to many floating around here that's for sure. We can't have one kicking the bucket from a run:sick: