Starting Over

Options
Hello Everyone!

After months of starting and re-starting weight watchers, I have decided to try something new. I needed something to "spice" things up for my mind and my body. I've heard many good things about MFP so here I am!

My name is Rachael and I am from New Jersey. I'm 24 years old. I'm looking to loose about 100 lbs. I'm determined to loose it regardless of how long it takes. I enjoy working out, but its the eating that gets me. Especially at night :frown:

I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you, as well as share information I have learned along the way! :smile:

Replies

• CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck!
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's a great site with lots of support! Add me if ya want..we all are good at encouraging each other! :D
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck Rachael I signed up today myself after hearing great things about this site. Hopefully the site helps you get to where you want to be :)
  • sdickerson71303
    sdickerson71303 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    welcome to the club! it's great I haven't been actively using it for long but so far it's a great choice. i did ww and lost a good bit previously but like you said need a change! good luck i have over 100 to loose too
  • msteaplease
    msteaplease Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • suz_ers
    suz_ers Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is def the place to be for support and motivation! I'm 26 with 80 pounds left to lose, so we have similar goals. Feel free to add me :)
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. =)
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! :)
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I've found lots of support here at MFP, and I hope you find the same!

Plus, we do tend to keep things spicy around here!
  • jessifox10
    Options
    I have done this before but I just got too discouraged, now I'm ready. The eating is what gets me most too and I'm going to lose at least 75lbs, and I don't care how long it takes!!!!!!!!!!!

it takes four weeks for you to see a change
    it takes eight weeks for someone else to see a change
    it takes 12 months for the World to see a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKING THE CHANGE
  • lauraleeleg
    lauraleeleg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I joined only a week ago and so far I love it! I have also done weight watchers, which works well...until you stop counting points! I find myself actually trying to make a lifestyle change this time, not just drop the weight quickly...Good luck to you!
  • mscargill
    mscargill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I too have tried every diet known to man and this seems to be working for me. It's early days yet, only about 5 weeks but I've lost 13 lbs so far and to me that's great. Nobody is telling me what to eat, no dues to pay, don't have weigh-ins where others are looking so I don't have to feel guilty if I don't lose weight. No whining! Everybody seems to be quite supportive. Good luck
  • jessica1464
    Options
    Good Luck, MFP has really helped me stay on track. You can add me if you'd like!!
  • michelnvic
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!! I am originally from Northern NJ myself! Now I live "down south". I'm also starting over. So far, I really love this website and the community - they are very knowledgeable and supportive! Good luck!
  • fyrrlily
    Options
    Good luck! I have similar issues in that I enjoy my workouts, but late night/after dinner snacking is a huge challenge for me!
  • cindyputman
    Options
    I have a life coach named, ILene Vick, who has a Kindle book , Down and Dirty Weightloss, she also has a Facebook page with the same name. She lost 100 pounds last year and has really helped me understand how to defeat this food demon.ILene gets it "DIETS" do not work. Just tell her Cindy sent you and good luck!
  • msteaplease
    msteaplease Posts: 32 Member
    Options

it takes four weeks for you to see a change
    it takes eight weeks for someone else to see a change
    it takes 12 months for the World to see a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKING THE CHANGE

I really like this!! Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • mandapandaxx
    Options
    Welcome! I am relatively close to you in age and have quite a bit to lose myself -- I saw that number at the doctor's office and went "Hah. Hahahahaha. No, we're DONE now!"

So here I am!

MFP has been a great tool for me so far, and I enjoy seeing the "under the calorie goal" message so much. It's a great motivator in itself! The community here is wonderful as well :)

Feel free to add me! We can always use more support :D

Amanda