"No really, this time I'm actually going to lose weight!"

Options
ztor
ztor Posts: 43 Member
Hello MFP! For years I've been telling family and friends that I will lose weight because I'm dieting and joined a gym, etc. Well the most I ever get is: going to the gym for maybe a month or so, dieting maybe a week, which equals to NOT losing weight.

This time it will be different! This time I will lose that weight! This time I have MFP!

I have labeled this year, "Dedicated to fitness"!! So who else is with me and willing to be dedicated to fitness?!!

FYI: Yes I am a new member so that might explain my enthusiasm:happy:

Replies

• sara8carol3
    sara8carol3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's the way I feel. I think I have started a diet many times over or this time I am going to get in shape. I always fail. Going at it a different way this time. Lifestyle change.
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It's all the way you think about it. It's not a "diet" its a lifestyle change. Change up your eating habits by making healthy choices at every meal. Always have a protein and carb at each meal and LOTS and LOTS of water. Water should be your drink of choice. Omit unhealthy snacks when and wherever you can and repalce with fruits/vegetables. We all can do this if we change the way we think about it. We didn't gain it in a day, we won't lose it in a day. Baby steps, making small healthy changes one step at a time.
    Oh, and don't forget to exercise :)

We can do this!
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    WELCOME!! I too have fallen victim to the 'all talk no results' in the past...but I am DEDICATING myself this time around....life is far too short to keep putting it off..:D 20 pounds from now I will be at my HAPPY WEIGHT, and so so proud of myself..
    Stay positive, we can do this!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The "D" word is not allowed in our house. We are improving our health! One step at a time. We can all do it!
  • ekal22
    ekal22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That is exactly how I feel! Welcome to MFP!
  • ajalcazar
    ajalcazar Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im sure many of us are in the same boat and this site really will help to motivate you. I'v only been on the site for 4 days but can already tell the support I get here will be far greater than anywhere I have already been, including family and friends. All of my family and friends are either already in shape or on the big side and don't care much about getting healthier so I was stuck for a long while. Feel free to add me and I will try to motivate you anyway I can :)
  • kdrew1
    kdrew1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am with ya! I am so tired of having the mindset that I am losing weight to make someone else happy. Then when I fail, I feel like an even bigger LOSER. I am doing this for me and my health.
  • vinadity98
    vinadity98 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Let's do this!

16928947.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Repeatedly! I'm with you. This time it's permanent and lasting change! Let's do it!

:bigsmile:
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. I have used those exact words many times. This is the first time I have had any long term success of losing in the 5 years of gaining weight.

MFP has been great in helping with that.

Welcome!
  • ztor
    ztor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one out there! I really do think my family/friends (especially my immediate family) are tired of me always saying that I am trying to lose weight! Thanks to everyone for replying and let's make a change for a healthier lifestyle!!
  • roadworthy
    Options
    Welcome!:) Yep, I have been here before but this time it's different. I am looking for a healthier lifestyle and so far things are going well. I am focusing on a little bit at a time. Right now it's water, water and more water. Also, making sure I am hitting exercise at least 5 days a week, no less than a half hour. One goal at a time right?
  • CSummers316
    Options
    Sometimes, as sad as it is, family can be some of the least supportive people in endeavors involving change. It is important to have that support system to keep you going and the determination to just keep right on plugging away at it. You will find all that support here, and most of all, you will succeed. Welcome aboard!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We've ALL been in your shoes. Heck we still are otherwise we wouldn't be here. How about looking at it as a lifestyle change instead of a *whispers diet. Whatever (plan) means you are using to melt away the pounds, you will have to make sustainable LIFESTYLE changes in order for it to stick -- this time. At least, that's how *I* am approaching it this time. I'm doing everything different than I did before. In 2007 I lost over 30 pounds, I'm even doing things different from then. Give it 100% and learn forgiveness for yourself and whatever you do, don't quit, just restart on the very next meal! Welcome to MFP!:smile:
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together! Like you, I've been there and said that before so others are not all too confident that I can do it this time but I will! I am even committed to participating in the Komen Race for the Cure this June here in CT! This is the year to become healthy! Let's do it! I am with you!
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it and so can I!!! I am with you on this one...Iosing weight will not be a goal of mine next year because I will achieve it this year!!! Thanks for the motivation!!
  • tarahjo2009
    Options
    yep!!! i have stuck with it for months before..lost almost 30 lbs..just to fall into depression and gain it back..but this time ive got GREAT recipes to try that i wont even be able to tell are "diet" food..they are healthier and taste better! and i also started 30ds :)