The Man I Love.

Options
:love: I've fallen in love with a man I work with. He's so athletic. We have a gym in our building that we can access for free. He has no body fat but he's decided to get "ripped" again to support me in my weight loss. That man of mine! Where does your support come from?

Replies

• JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Nowhere. :(

I'm keeping my quest to lose a little weight a secret.

I'm not really fat, I just don't feel well.. I want to tone up &c. My boyfriend is super fit, but when it comes to ME, somehow he doesn't want me to diet, doesn't want me to lose weight. He likes having something to cuddle and dislikes "hard" girls. Which is great for my selfconfidence but doesn't do much in the way of support... :(

edit: and it's so unfair because HE would never let himself be anything but rock hard!!! He both motivates me and disheartes me.. it's weird.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Popularity (yeah, I know. It's shallow lol). I want to be super popular and have everyone be either like "Who's that girl?" or like "Gasp! You don't know? She's practically famous." Yeah, that would be cool :glasses:
  • wood2438
    Options
    I too have a fit man at home. He can eat whatever and his day to day activities keep him in great shape. He never sits down and does a lot of manly hard labor work. But he also does little things that I do not think that he even knows does him good. He always takes stairs. He walks to get his supplies, instead of taking a golf cart, he climbs ladders all day long, he runs with our dog, because he says that the dog needs to burn up energy. lol. Me, I sit at a desk for 9 hours and then try to hit the gym at least twice a week and then walk on two other days of the week. Man, I wish that I could have a job that encorporated excercise.

Most of the women in my family are really overweight and it has caused them serious health problems. I am the youngest and the fittest and I try to encourage them to better their way of life. I always want to be able to run and play with my kids. They are my real encouragement.

Good luck to you and your man!
  • rinn1791
    Options
    My fiance...he eats the same as I do, doesn't gain a pound, but I do...I don't understand it.

He is VERY supportive though, he wants to get "ripped" as well...but it kind of frustrates me. I know that he will get more dramatic results way faster.

We are starting to workout together and I'm so competitive that I won't let him out run me lol, hey, it's working so far.
  • angiebarker
    Options
    My fiancee. He supported me through ana/mia and through much loss. He always tells me i am beautiful and hugs and kisses me when im sad or stressed.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend is amazing, but so are my friends. He is not into hitting the gym, but recognizes that staying fit is a goal of mine and he does everything he can to support me. He never complains when I bring weird greens home to make dinner, doesn't say anything but "have fun at the gym sweetie" when I roll out of bed at 4:30 am, tells me how amazing I look and how good I look in my workout clothes.

I have coworkers that I go walking with and discuss fitness with, so that's also helpful. Most of my friends understand that I'm committed to being healthy and fit, and even if they are not, they don't give me a hard time about it (at least, not anymore). :)
  • joyoflife1
    Options
    Oh chic...it's alright. I'll be your support. I think it's cool that he accepts you the way you are. However, you still need to do what makes you happy. Honestly I don't see how you're going to get in shape without loosing a couple of pounds. But believe me when I tell you, "He aint going no where."

Do what you need to do for you.

We'll do it together :flowerforyou:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that I'm going to accomplish whatever goal I'm currently shooting to prove people wrong, even though nobody has actually told me that I couldn't do it, lol.

You look like Fantasia.
  • joyoflife1
    Options
    Lol....There's nothing wrong with that. I'm a bit.....well alright......much of a "ham" myself.
  • joyoflife1
    Options
    What!!!! No!!! Fantasia. She's fabulous but not my kind of fabulous. Thank you for motivating me even more to get the lbs. off.....lol.
  • joyoflife1
    Options
    Good for you. There's nothing like it, is there?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    What!!!! No!!! Fantasia. She's fabulous but not my kind of fabulous. Thank you for motivating me even more to get the lbs. off.....lol.

lol, didn't mean it in a bad way or anything, you two just look alike
  • joyoflife1
    Options
    I know you didn't darling. Just kidding around.....but not really.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend is amazing, but so are my friends. He is not into hitting the gym, but recognizes that staying fit is a goal of mine and he does everything he can to support me. He never complains when I bring weird greens home to make dinner, doesn't say anything but "have fun at the gym sweetie" when I roll out of bed at 4:30 am, tells me how amazing I look and how good I look in my workout clothes.

I have coworkers that I go walking with and discuss fitness with, so that's also helpful. Most of my friends understand that I'm committed to being healthy and fit, and even if they are not, they don't give me a hard time about it (at least, not anymore). :)

My boyfriend doesn't work out either, but he is also extremely supportive in my fitness endeavors. Same when I bring home the leafy greens. He'll pretty much eat anything I cook :) He always asks how my work out was and what types of exercises I did, which is really cool He likes me to demonstrate LOL (squats anyone??)
  • catlady66
    Options
    4:30am????? OMG! You ARE amazing!!! Keep it up! You go girl! :bigsmile:
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL. You made my day.:happy:
    Popularity (yeah, I know. It's shallow lol). I want to be super popular and have everyone be either like "Who's that girl?" or like "Gasp! You don't know? She's practically famous." Yeah, that would be cool :glasses: